This is the Message Centre for GrandSamDonald

Satanic Filth

Post 1

GrandSamDonald

I see that today, bookshops have started to sell the latest batch of ungodly satanic filth to poison young minds.

As Exodus 22:18 says, "Suffer not a witch to live".

Satanic Filth

Post 2

TheKnightGerund

This could be considered incitement to religous hatred of witches and/or satanists, Sam. If the law is changed, I'd watch what you type in future.

Satanic Filth

Post 3

Don't Buy Vardy Cars

What? Has Jack Chick released another tract?

Satanic Filth

Post 4

Kiteman

What a coincidence - I was chatting to a historical researcher at a Medieval Fair in Suffolk last weekend (at Rougham Airfield - hgly recommended event). According to him, the practice of magic nearly died out in the Middle Ages, but was kept alive by monks who saw it as another way of contacting God, but more reliably, and with greater effect, than prayer.

Satanic Filth

Post 5

GrandSamDonald

So what? There is no difference in God's eyes between false versions of Christianity and paganism / witchcraft. There is no such thing as a 'Christian monk'. No where is Scripture are God's people required to join the lewd ranks of monkery or nunnery. The Lord detests all these false religions with their putrid man-made, anti-sciptural traditions. All are vile in his sight, and he will destroy them all when he returns.

Satanic Filth

Post 6

Arnie Appleaide - Inspector General of the Defenders of Freedom

It's interesting, what Sam says sounds exactly like the what the "bad guys" say in any number of movies. Just replace the word Lord and "Dark Lord" in his posts and you end with the bad guys from Star Wars, Harry Potter, Ghostbusters...

e.g.
"...The Dark Lord detests all these false religions with their putrid man-made, anti-scriptural traditions. All are vile in his sight, and he will destroy them all when he returns."

Sounds Dozer from Ghostbusters...I wonder is God going to return as a giant marshmellow man and kill everyone that way?

Satanic Filth

Post 7

azahar

<>

I always seriously wonder about people who think they are able to see 'through God's eyes'. Or those who speak of Him as if He were sitting in a chair next to them, telling them what He thinks.

Surely God would have better things to do?

<>

When He returns? So, where's He been? I thought He was meant to be omnipresent.

az

Satanic Filth

Post 8

GrandSamDonald

I know the Lord, for He has revealed His will to me through the Bible and through His Holy Spirit.

God's standards are very clear. He detests all forms of witchcraft, which is simply a thinly-veiled form of devil worship. We Christians hate witchcraft, and have no time at all for the depraved literature that promotes it to young, vulnerable minds.

Satanic Filth

Post 9

badger party tony party green party

I dont like Harry Potter either I hate fantasy books in general because I find their reliance on simple will to be good and fall back on magic for an answer the biggest challenges as very dreary indeed.

I also find terms like half blood offensive in a racist way and having seen a film depiction of a so called internation wizards school where ethnic groups that make up one fifth of the planets population being predominant Im not convinced that this particular series of books is any less lazily written than other dungeons and dragons cobblers.

Having said that I DO like the way it gets people who are utral religious all wound up about a passing fad in film or literature as if it was a real problem. Whitchcraft indeed, a few herbal remedies and Spiritual* (whatever that is) mumbo jumbo and you start building ducking chairs.

Faithers what a bunch of jokers.

Satanic Filth

Post 10

azahar

Are Christians actually allowed to hate other people, Sam?

az

Satanic Filth

Post 11

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

"I also find terms like half blood offensive in a racist way"

Actually, Blicky, I find that the greatest value of fantasy and science fiction is in its ability to discuss such things in a framework where the audience can appreciate the parallel to contemporary society without overtly offending any particular group. Imagine the child of a neo-Nazi couple who sympathises with Hermione's character as she is harassed for being a "mudblood." The parents don't even notice the child is learning about racial tolerance right under their noses.

And in these days of excessive, litigious political correctness, is there any other environment in which we can show this sort of thing? It happens in real life, and whitewashing it from fiction won't help the problem go away.

Satanic Filth

Post 12

TheKnightGerund

I agree with Blatherskite the Mugwump (although, and I'm sure s/he'll forgive me, I won't partake of any of his/her hallucinogenic secretions).

Terms like "half-blood" and "mudblood" are bandied around in the HP books by the baddies. The heroes are those who stand against wizard-racism. Also, Hogwarts is not an international school - it's Britain's Wizard school and the ethnic diversity of the UK population is well represented. Other countries have their own wizard schools.

Satanic Filth

Post 13

astrolog

TheKnightGerund, if you had checked Blatherskite's page you would have seen there's a Mrs. Mugwump and a baby Mugwump.

I will now vacate this thread (I don't like my life threatened).

aljismiley - wizard

Satanic Filth

Post 14

Hoovooloo

" Dozer from Ghostbusters."

Dozer was the big guy in "The Matrix".

Gozer was the Big Bad in Ghostbusters.

Sorry. smiley - geek

SoRB.

Satanic Filth

Post 15

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I am the keymaster.

Satanic Filth

Post 16

JeremyP

God's standards are very clear. He detests all forms of witchcraft, which is simply a thinly-veiled form of devil worship.
Would that include transmuting one liquid into a different one?

Satanic Filth

Post 17

azahar

<>

I wonder if when you meet someone like Justin saying exactly the same thing if you would actually believe each other, or if you would both smile at the other with the knowledge that you and you alone has had God touch you and choose you to be reborn.

Is there some sort of test? How can you tell the difference between someone who has been reborn and someone simply saying they have?

az

Satanic Filth

Post 18

astrolog

Seeing that Christianity came from Judeism, why don't Jews believe in the Devil?
quote:
'The irony for those who believe that "Lucifer" refers to Satan is that the same title ('morning star' or 'light-bearer') is used to refer to Jesus, in 2 Peter 1:19' and
'Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."'

aljismiley - wizard

Satanic Filth

Post 19

Matholwch - Brythonic Tribal Polytheist

Hi GrandSamDonald smiley - biggrin

And welcome to this bastion of free speech called h2g2, created by an atheist to give such as you and I a place to speak without fear.

I am a practicing druid priest, a member of the old religion of these isles, and survivor of the abuse of freedom of thought you call Christianity. Still reading? Good. Let's have at it shall we?

"I know the Lord, for He has revealed His will to me through the Bible and through His Holy Spirit."

A question then - is the Bible inerrant? i.e. is it perfect and truthful in every way? Be warned that these are trick questions and having been through 11 years of Catholic Sunday Schools and many decades of theological debate/research I shall challenge your holy scripture if you should answer yes smiley - ok

I cannot argue though with your assertion that He has revealed His will to you through His Holy Spirit. This is a personal testimony of faith and I will treat that with the utmost respect.

"God's standards are very clear. He detests all forms of witchcraft, which is simply a thinly-veiled form of devil worship."

Please define 'witchcraft'. Perhaps you should consult the original Greek translations of now lost Hebrew texts and then come back to us. You do realise of course that all English translations of these Greek texts are full of miserable flaws? Does your canon of biblical texts only include those considered politically correct by the Council of Nicaea (the now traditional 66 books) or all the 138 originals? This might be very relevant to your assertion that you understand the will of your God as revealed in His Bible.

"We Christians hate witchcraft, and have no time at all for the depraved literature that promotes it to young, vulnerable minds."

I am assuming that you are referring to the Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling? Have you read them or are you assuming that they are terrible by reputation alone? If you have not read them then you have no more right to criticise them than I would of criticising your scripture if I had not immersed myself in it over many years.

Assuming you have not read them I shall summarise their general content. A young man, an orphan, finds himself faced time and again with a terrible evil power. Each time he is tested to the limit but chooses to side with the powers of light and good. It is a parable for our times. The witchcraft is simply a metaphor for faith, good and evil.

Is it the idea of magic, without reference to your God that offends you? After all both the OT and NT is peppered with stories of magic, especially where that overturns evil.

A final question for now - Where does the Lord's commandment "Thou shalt not kill", and your Saviour's admonishment that "You should love thy neighbour as thyself", sit with the law that "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

I am assuming that as a born-again Christian you also understand that under the New Covenant all OT laws are null and void and only by living to the words of your Saviour shall you be guided to salvation?

Blessings,
Matholwch the Apostate /|\

Satanic Filth

Post 20

Andrew Briggs

That's right...you'd rather be pushing your own hate-filled religious literature into young, vunerable minds wouldn't you Sam?

You're just jealous because the kids prefer Harry Potter to Jesus. It's probably because Harry Potter is more believable.

Key: Complain about this post