This is the Message Centre for Kitish

Hello

Post 41

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

You mean, we could nic.... ummm.. borrow a silent one?

Hello

Post 42

NPY

<>

<>

Intersting questions......smiley - bigeyes

Not even sure of the answers myself!!

Hello

Post 43

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Maybe something will come in due time. smiley - smiley

Hello

Post 44

NPY

If smiley - choc is the answer, who cares what the questino is?

Hello

Post 45

There may be someone who cares, but he's probably on some small island that we're never going to be able to get to anyway. smiley - winkeye

Hello

Post 46

NPY

Some lonley hermit? Like the man who rules the universe.

Hello

Post 47

Powerful isolated hermitlike people can be kind of dangerous, can't they? smiley - yikes

Hello

Post 48

NPY

Yeah, too much time to think.

Hello

Post 49

That's part of it. The rest of it is "but not enough to think about."

Hello

Post 50

NPY

Yeah, you can tell the people that probably should be getting on with something else when they keep suggesting stupid stuff for you to do or daft ways to change things.

Hello

Post 51

smiley - doh

That puts things in perspective where I work.

Hello

Post 52

NPY

There's always someone with big ideas or who likes trying to keep on changing and improving things just to see if it can be done or in the name of efficiency. Even if things work fine the way they are.

Hello

Post 53

I usually figure that these people are careerist. If the changes pan out, they can put them on their resumes and be off to a better job before you can say "I give 110%."

Hello

Post 54

NPY

Scarey.

Hello

Post 55

Scary? Maybe, but this tendency falls well within the normal range. Most people have to wrestle with two conflicting urges: the urge for familiarity, and the urge for variety. If a store always has the exact same merchandize, eventually people will have gotten all they need from it, and stop coming. if this happens enough, the store may fold. Therefore, most stores change their stuff regularly. It's the same for libraries. If they don't buy the latest new books and display them prominently, a sizeable portion of their borrowers will go somewhere else.

Key: Complain about this post