A Conversation for The KLF - the Band

Reocrd label

Post 1

Svlad Cjelli

Hasn't one of the guys started a record label in Finland where he's producing music under different Finish names? I think I've heard something about this from someone, but I'm totally vague about the details...
And there certainly is something about finding Santa up there as well... if my memory serve me well...

Reocrd label

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Yes, that's more or less true! Bill Drummond and Mark Manning (aka Zodiac Mindwarp) went to Helsinki, wrote a book about it, and invented lots of bands to make a soundtrack album. Apparently Drummond almost secured record deals for some of the bands, but the record companies wanted to meet them, so he set up a label of his own to release the bands' records... smiley - smiley

There's a whole chapter about it in Drummond's new book "45", which incidentally is a cracking good read...

Reocrd label

Post 3

Svlad Cjelli

I'll have to get a hold of that one then.
But do you know the story about Drummond investing some amount of money to find Santa or something. I think it had to do with the trip to Helsinki...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more