This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

And the Oscar Goes to...2023 Youtube Review

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

It's that time of year.

'Congratulations on a fantastic 2023!' says Youtube. 'Here's a look back on how you've grown as a creator. '

Actually, of course, h2g2 Researchers, this includes you because you have been sending me nature clips, clips with animals, and even wonderful mechanical things (thanks again, Superfrenchie!). So this is a pat on the back for all of us.

So how did we do this year?

smiley - drumroll 34 new subscribers
smiley - drumroll14,000 views. That's right: people have seen these videos 14,000 times.
smiley - drumroll127 uploads. Not a bad production rate.
smiley - drumroll167 likes, 45 comments, and 35 shares.

The prize for the year for all-time most-watched video goes to...

smiley - drumroll Mrs Hoggett for 'Calves at Feeding Time' starring two adorable calves and Farmer Hoggett. It has been viewed for a total of 27 HOURS.

I do not know what it says about the human race that it is willing to watch baby cows drinking from a bottle. Or baby budgies - 1060 views so far. Or listen to 'While Shepherds Watched' in Heavy Leslie (778 views over the years). Something nice, I think.

Of course, there is the fact that the public domain film 'Swamp Women', which I made available through the channel so that we could use it in a Guide Entry, has now reached 123,702 views. People have spent 3,448 hours watching. That is 143 Days, 15 Hours, 59 Minutes and 59 Seconds. Roger Corman would have been appreciative, no doubt.

So that's the lowdown on 2023. Thanks to everyone who contributes. As Youtube says, 'We can't wait to see what you'll do in 2024.'

smiley - dragon

And the Oscar Goes to...2023 Youtube Review

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"h2g2 Researchers"

smiley - winkeyeI've been here in "hootoo" since 2008smiley - smiley
Who the hell needs "social media" (of modern times ?)

If smiley - sadfaceH2G2 had had the backing etc, "we'd" be a world beater!!! in (social media)
THEN again! We are anyway... smiley - tongueoutso smiley - nahnah

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more