Post 2

Arisztid Lugosi

Are you alright?
smiley - hug

[]

Post 3

Hmm

Hah. PeaceandGoodwill goes emo.smiley - rolleyes

smiley - hugSorry, yeah I'm okay. Bad day, many arguments- I reached the limit with mum and had to put something down on 'paper' or let things get really bad.

...God, reading it back I sound like a really melodramatic teenager.

[]

Post 4

Arisztid Lugosi

smiley - hug That's alright. Its nice you can come here and let it out. I know how important that can be. I'm going to write you in a minute... just have to catch up with a few posts here first.

[]

Post 5

Elentari

Feeling better?

[]

Post 6

Hmm

Better for now thanks Elentari. Venting at least gave me the space to think about some more practical solutions to my problems.

How are you by the way? I haven't spoken to you in an age!smiley - smiley

[]

Post 7

Elentari

I know! I'm pretty good, thanks. Don't remember if you've been reading my journals, but I've posted some about my job and so forth, if you're interested. Life's getting into a routine, which can be a bit dull, but there you go. Off to Venice in a couple of weeks... smiley - biggrin

What about you?

[]

Post 8

Hmm

Ugh gone again. I'm sorry.

I have popped by your journal a couple of times, but not recently: I haven't been around hootoo much and I *really* have to clear out my subscriptions. I do remember you're working in Law though, is that right?

I hope you don't mind, but I took a quick look at your Venice entry and your link to the pictures that was there. Really lovely pictures! Does it sound silly to say I like the angles you took them from? Mph, I do anyway. The view of a canal with the tower to one side was particularly pretty I thought.

I got a camera for my birthday, but I'm afraid it's barely seen the outside of its box.smiley - rolleyes Don't spose you have any tips for a comlete novice?

[]

Post 9

Elentari

Thanks!

It's legal but not law - I work for the Crown Prosecution Service but it's an admin job not a lwa job, if you follow.

Of course I don't mind! Glad you liked them. As for tips, not really I'm afraid. Read the instructions so you know what it can do, and keep practicing! When you see something you want to photograph, try taking several pictures from different angles and on different modes so you can see what works best in each situation.

I'd also consider downloading an editing program (unless the one which came with the camera is really good). I use one called GIMP for certain things that are tricky on my camera's software (cropping, changing colour balance and contrast, etc - all good things to experiment with as well). GIMP is free and fairly decent, and there are online tutorials if you search on about.com. I can't remember the website you download it from, but if you google GIMP (and something like 'photo manipulation software', otherwise I'm sure you'll get some very dodgy results) you should find it.

[]

Post 10

Narvia

I like this post. It looks like a poem and its very dramatic.smiley - smiley
How u doin?
I usually write poems 2 express myself.
Keep on smilin!
smiley - biggrin
smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hmm

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more