This is the Message Centre for Flymba

No Subject

Post 1

Flymba

Listened for the 345th time to "Johnsburg, Illinois" by Tom Waits yesterday.
It lasts not more than two minutes, but is one of the cutest songs ever written.
I tend to get tender and soft when listening to it, and my number of enemies decreases rapidly during these two minutes.
Songs like Ol'55, The Heart Of Saturday Night, Shiver Me Timbers and San Diego Serenade,
which also tear your heart out, shouldn't be forgotten

Mercy Mister Percy there's nothing back in Jersey

Waits

Post 2

Matrix Mage

Hullo, there fellow researcher... and Waits fan.
I think I understand... Tom Waits saves my sanity on a regular basis.
Keep up the spirit... the summer just around the bend...
Anyways just wanted to say HI!

Matrix Mage (not to be confused with Dominatrix Mage, a man I know absoulutly nothing about)

p.s. Indeed Fjords are beautiful; you say the stupidest things when you're near them (I find this also true around women).

Waits

Post 3

Flymba

hello you -
haven't been around my computer the last days, or maybe my computer
hasn't been around me.
But hey nice - you share my interest in Waits. A friend of mine went to his concert in Stockholm this July and he hasn't recovered from the shock yet. He was overwhelmed by his voice and his act on stage and I have difficulties with coming to termes with the fact that I because of a jobsituation chose not to go.

Eg har ein mistanke om at du kanskje er norsk - er du det?

Anyway - thank you for responding, and I totally agree - you also say the stupidest things around women.
Once I went alongside one of the most beatifuls fjords in this country with a girl I was completely in love with, and I suspected that she also was in love with me.
Imagine the things I said.
Being around fjords and women at the same time - dangerous.
See ya

Waits

Post 4

Matrix Mage

Hello there
Sorry about not replying untill now but I'we been travelling... On the mother of all fjords, Greenland for the last two weeks... Actually I have been all inn all for two months over there this summer... I just popped back over to start school and then I went back. And belive me Fjords all over the place... And nice one at that I'll tell you... Woww... I mean fjords you wouldn't belive (well you coming from Norway would probably belive it). But sadly no internet connection, hence no reply untill now. No net for me that is... They do have the net in Greenland, oddly enough.
There is a grain of truth in your speculations about my roots but no cigar... Actually I'm from Iceland, a land also known for some pretty good Fjords... So in a way I come from Norway... Well we all know about that :=)
About Tom Waits and your lack of respect toward his highness... SHAME ON YOU... I would have quit my job to go see him... A man trying to stoping me going on a consert near me would be a dead man!!! We all make our choices in life and you will just have to live with yours... I'm currently working on a plan (called the master plan) to go see him in the states... If the mountain will not come to Ali then Ali will just have to walk over to the mountain (or is it another Mohamed?)
I'm guessing you beeing in north Norway... (a place I'm hellbent on going kayaking before thirty). Am I right? If so how north? above the arctic line?

Skriv snart (or is that Danish)... Well hoping for an answer

Matrix Mage

Waits

Post 5

Flymba

Hello there
thanks for an interesting reply. I'm so sorry I haven't answered earlier, but I've been away some weeks because of my job and also away during chistmas (seeing my parents). But now I'm back again and will be around on a regularly basis.
Iceland? Always wanted to go there. I was a big fan of Mezzoforte ca 10 years ago, and read a lot about the saga island then. mezzoforte is still ok, but my preferences now move in a more waits-direction. Mezzoforte is a bit too smooth.
Is it true that Rekyavik is so hot? rumours say that this is the hottest city in Europe when it comes to fashion, music, food etc.

By the way - is it better to write in norwegian? what do you prefer?

And no - I'm not from the northern parts of Norway. I grew up not so far from Ă…lesund, a town on the west coast, south of the middle of Norway.
Gotta go - please write back
Riddle: Which Waits-song are these lyrics from:

"... so you comb your hair, shave your face
trying to wipe out every other trace
of all the other days
in the week -
you know that this could be the Saturday
you're reaching your peak.."

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Flymba

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more