A Conversation for Skateboards

Useless Boarders

Post 1

Jamo

Having wandered around my local town and seen many skateboarders practicing their stuff I would like to know if any of them have actually completed a trick?
They seem to spend most of their time failing miserably to flip their boards or slide down railings.
The only time I have seen someone looking impressive is on the TV, but I suspect that they are using mirrors and trick photography or something.

Useless Boarders

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I've had the pleasure of watching those tricks performed live, and I can assure you that they either perform very well, or have remarkably huge mirrors.

As for those useless boarders, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves. Some people are true adherents to the wise old adage "It isn't any fun if it can't kill you." (Okay, maybe it isn't an old adage, since I just made it up. Now that I think about it, it isn't particularly wise either.) smiley - smiley

Useless Boarders

Post 3

Hardcore

It's funny, I heard the exact same thing from a Jeanne Garofalo stand-up routine. I mean, it was funny when she said it. . .

Useless Boarders

Post 4

Jamo

Is Jeanne Garofalo a boarder or a comedienne? Or even a skateboarding comedienne?

Useless Boarders

Post 5

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I like some of Garofalo's movies, but I hate her stand-up, so I never would have heard her use the phrase. I guess we just see eye-to-eye on this.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more