A Conversation for Victor Hugo

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 1

Gavroche

http://www.h2g2.com/A157781 is an update to a current entry on the 19th Century French author, Victor Hugo. The updated entry and the current entry were both written by the same researcher, myself.

I came to the horrible realization recently that my original entry focused a lot on Hugo's politics, religion, and sex life, but very little on his poetry and novels. Not that the first three aren't interesting, but he is an author of great reknown. I decided that had to be fixed.

Feel free to attack my writing style unmercifully. As an aspiring author myself, I appreciate all comments, negative and positive.

The current entry is at http://www.h2g2.com/A223048 if you wish to have a look at it. The current entry has a higher number than the new entry because I took my original pre-approval entry and modified it to create my new entry. Confused? You're not the only one.
smiley - fish

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 2

Haze: Plan C seems to be working

Yeah I'm confused. I gather that the bigger one is the new one though...

It's great. No problem. Well, one. I'm new to this scout thing and at present I don't know how to recommend and update, but I'll find out for you.

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 3

Gavroche

Hi Haze,

Well, when I was an Ace, I asked that question. Peta's response was:
"Post it into the Peer review page, everything is going to come through there now.." Which is why I posted here. Some scout (perhaps myself, I am one now, and my week begins Tuesday) will choose this for their pick, hopefully it will get the nod, and then it will be passed on to a sub-ed ... just like everything else.

I probably shouldn't have posted both links. Wasn't sure what people would want with an update. The first link, at the top of my first email, is the newest one, with more information. The link at the bottom of the email is the older one, the one that needs updating.

Gavroche
smiley - fish

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 4

Gavroche

smiley - fishsmiley - winkeye

http://www.h2g2.com/A157781

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 5

Gavroche

Just a subtle reminder to the other scouts...this one's still here, and as it's my own, this is all I am allowed to do.

If there is someone who thinks I should take the material I added, and make a separate entry with it (there is certainly enough material here to do that with) let me know. I am partial to all the information being in one location, but could be convinced to separate it.

smiley - fish
Gavroche

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 6

Black Swan

No No No, don't do that. I wish I were a Scout and could recommend this for you. It is a great update to an already good entry. The information you add is fabulous. I especially like how you showed one of Hugo's novels inspired The Joker in the Batman comics, and the poem you selected is a powerful one. Keep it all together. Hopefully one of your fellow scouts will finally recommend it.

smiley - smiley
Black Swan

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 7

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Just browsing through some of the older PR threads:

I like that Entry. It might benefit from some additional formatting, better said from some formating reduction. For my taste there are too many paragraphs which makes the Entry look 'untidy'. But that's only a matter of taste, and I'm absolutely sure that a SubEd could and would fix that.

Just another thing: Victor Hugo died in 1885.
[QUOTE]
'...over a 100 years after his death, the European Community was born...'
[/QUOTE]

That would mean that the European Community was 'born' after 1985, which is not true, or at least written misunterstandably.

My recommendation to the other Scouts: I think you can't go wrong with that one.

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 8

Gavroche

Thanks.

I did a little quick research, and realized you are correct. I had no idea the EC dated back to the 1950s. I've changed 'European Community' to 'European Union.' Technically the EU didn't arrive on the scene until the 1990s.

Gavroche

A157781 Victor Hugo

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved at the request of the author.

Thread Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Victor Hugo'.

Back to Entry - this became Edited Entry A223048 Victor Hugo - Writer

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more