A Conversation for Hell, Michigan, USA

A3827928 - Hell, Michigan USA

Post 21

Number Six

Of course, *you* would say that! smiley - biggrin But I agree, it's excellent.

live_remix, might you be able to add a little section on 'How To Get to Hell'? It seems to me there might be a bit of interest in visiting the place, for anyone passing nearby on vacation...

I would maybe like to hear a little more about the town itself - how big is it/how many people live there, are there many (or any) bars or diners, what's the town centre's like - that kind of thing.

smiley - mod

Post 22

McKay The Disorganised

smiley - biggrin

'How To Get to Hell'? I believe you follow the road from Good Intentions...

I would maybe like to hear a little more about the town itself - what's the town centre's like - HOT smiley - winkeye

smiley - cider

Post 23

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

smiley - biggrin

Post 24

JulesK

Great Entry smiley - cheers

I like the style of this.

I do agree with NumberSix that it would be nice to read a bit more about the place as it is now, but not at the expense of the current tone, which as I've said, I like.

Can't see any alterations, except for the whiskey=whisky debate.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 25

live_remix

ask and it shall be given unto you smiley - winkeye I've added some to the "The Town" heading and also added a brand new heading "The Road to Hell." I hope I've made it clear that it's a small town with not much in the way of night life (aside, of course, from your basic Halloween trickery). If this isn't the case, I'll go ahead and state it outright.

Post 26

David Conway

Great entry! smiley - ok

A lot of towns in Colorado are named for whatever natural resource was available in quantity around them. Hence, we get Golden, Silverton, Marble, Granite and... Silt?

NBY

Post 27

Milos

When I visited a few years back, the story I got was that Hell was named for Hell's Creek, which was in turn named for the relative climate while distilling moonshine in the summertime. I think the shopkeeper at the country store told me that, or it may have been the friend I was with.

One of my favorite holiday photos is of the road sign that just says 'Hell' with an arrow pointing the direction. smiley - laugh

I loved this entry, it's fantastic smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 28

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 29

Jayne Austin

YAY!
smiley - cheers

Post 30

echomikeromeo

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

smiley - dragon

Post 31

live_remix

I'd like to thank my teachers for pushing me to write, Heaven for the skills I have to write and Hell for giving me something to write about.

On a related note: WOOHOO!!!!

Post 32

So, was it HELL who recommended it? smiley - tongueout

Post 33

Oh, well done btw smiley - cheers

Post 34

Number Six

smiley - applausesmiley - applausesmiley - applause

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

smiley - mod

Post 35

Kat - From H2G2

Heya! Congratulations on getting your entry picked from PeerReview

I'm your friendly (hopefully) sub-editor. I'll be polishing up your entry before it goes back to the site editors and gets to be on the <./>FrontPage</.> and in the Edited Guide. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch either in this thread (which I'm now subscribed to) or contact me at my Personal Space (U234368)

smiley - bubbly
Kat

Key: Complain about this post