A Conversation for Tim Tams

Coffee over Port...

Post 1

cafram - in the states.

...the hot coffee makes the Tim Tam go gooey and delicious...trying to shove a half-melted coffee-filled Tim Tam into your mouth is truly one of life's great pleasures smiley - winkeye

The only problem with Tim Tams is the packet size - 11. Clearly it's not a nice number - a prime number, not divisable by anything, someone is always going to miss out smiley - sadface

Coffee over Port...

Post 2

<drowning...not waving!>

...or someone is going to get an extra one, which by my workings should be the buyer of the pack yes? smiley - smiley

Coffee over Port...

Post 3

terence-john [[ 1x(8-17+51) = 42 ]]

Does everyone have to have an entire TT? Why not SMASH 'em all up and distribute by weight (of TT, not person)?

---- OR ----

There's absolutley no problem if you buy a packet per person!

t-jx01

Coffee over Port...

Post 4

<drowning...not waving!>

OK...lets look at this whole situation seriously. As any Tim Tam lover will know, division of the Tams should never be taken lightly.

Crushing them up and dividing by weight?? Hmm...I like that idea, I like it alot. But in doing it that way we would lose the enjoyment of dipping and sucking hmmm? I guess we could "sprinkle", then suck our coffee/port through the bits. I dunno...I'll have to try this brave new way of eating Tams out for myself before I could sign my name to it. Have you tried it?

Now, your next comment re: a pack per person.....BRILLIANT!!! I don't know why no one has thought of this before!!

Coffee over Port...

Post 5

I think we have a "cultural diversity situation" situation here.

Despite my best intentions, I'm afraid I'm a Brit, and as such not even aware as to exactly what a TT tastes like, although the description gives me the impression it resembles a P-P-P-Penguin biscuit.

The "dipping & sucking" (should that not have been [moderated]?) is what a Brit would call "dunking", and I agree that perhaps dunking crushed TTs would be NOT an ideal solution (sic).

P-P-P-Penguins are generally not dunked here in the UK, and certainly not in port! But I guess I could give it a try (both crushed and uncrushed) and let you know sometime how I feel about the relative merits.

t-jx01

Coffee over Port...

Post 6

<drowning...not waving!>

You're a Brit? Ahhh well, yes that does explain a lot....in the nicest possible way of course. I'm aware of the practice of dunking ( I have even admitted to indulging in the act once or twice).

The dipping and sucking in regard to Tim Tams is a little different in that the biscuit doesn't actually leave the vessel it is being dipped into before you suck.

What you do with Tams is, you bite off a corner from each end of the Tam ( diagonally situated ones) then you dip it into your drink of choice( mostly coffee, for an after dinner treat port and for kiddies milk) you then suck the drink through the biscuit until it has been soaked right through. Once you have done that, you carefully bring the Tam to your mouth and enjoy the yummy gooeyness! Hmmmm mmmm!

It's more of a total dunk thing....but please, don't try it with just any biscuit, I think it really has to be a Tam to get the full effect of stay together goooeyness.

Coffee over Port...

Post 7

I've done a bit of research: they ARE like P-P-P-Penguins! There appear to be 13 (not 11) in the little plastic tray thing. And according to a WWW site I found you can now get INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED Tim Tams. Surely this would solve the problem for those on a budget: simply buy a single packet of 13 and sufficient individually wrapped TTs to bring the number up to a multiple of those present.

An alternative is to have one packet and twelve individuals permanently available in your larder (no cheating now!) This will allow you to provide a single TT for each guest at an unexpected party of between 1 (not much of a party) and 20 and the unused TTs are still securely wrapped and uncontaminated. [If there are 20 people present then the 5 TT left over are for YOU to consume whilst clearing up afterwards!]

Apparently they contain milk chocolate 36%, (contains sugar, full cream milk powder, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, emulsifier(lecithin), flavouring) wheat flower, sugar, vegetable oil(palm) golden syrup, invert syrup, full cream milk powder, colour(caramel e150) cocoa, salt, emulsifier(lecithin), baking powder (ammonium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium metabisulphite), flavouring, colour(e102, e110, e129, e133), may contain traces of nut egg or seed.

I've decided I really want to try one ... any Brit know where I can get one?

Coffee over Port...

Post 8

<drowning...not waving!>

Wow!! You have done your research on this lil' tidbit...as a Tam lover I'm impressed.

Thanks for the suggestions on ways to make sure everyone gets their fair share of Tams ( I especially liked the one about the cleaner upperer getting the extra 5!! smiley - smiley ). I'm going to have to go check out the individually wrapped ones tomorrow...I have a feeling they are slightly bigger and this could cause probbies.

If you can't find somewhere over there to get your hands on some, maybe we could do a trade off. A pack of P-P-P_Penguins for a pack of Tim Tams?

Coffee over Port...

Post 9

Jack T.Ladd

Hmmm..yummm..have you any idea how sexy these descriptions sound? If you marketed them as you describe them...well, a winner for sure..
BTW never heard of these Tams...Tims, whatever...and I hate to miss out on things!

Coffee over Port...

Post 10

<drowning...not waving!>

Never heard of Tim Tams?? Awww Jack...you poor possum! I'm gonna have to send you a pack huh? I'd hate for you to miss out on this lil' life's pleasure as well .

Coffee over Port...

Post 11

Jack T.Ladd

wadya mean... as well? I knew it! I am missing out on something else..darn! Will be lookin in my posties bag for these timitams thingies..or will they be all goooeeed up by the time they get to Blighty?

Coffee over Port...

Post 12

cafram - in the states.

mmm...gooey Tim Tams smiley - biggrin

You can get Tim Tam Fingers now too, which are *skinny* individually wrapped TTs smiley - smiley

Coffee over Port...

Post 13

<drowning...not waving!>

......if they are all goooooed up by the time they get there then grrrrrrreeeeeeeat!! the gooooyer the better hmmmmm hmmmm.

Coffee over Port...

Post 14

Researcher 190828

Tim Tams in the UK

Australian Shop
26 Henrietta Street
Covent Garden
London WC2E8NA

Tel: 020 7385 7253

Key: Complain about this post