This is the Message Centre for Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

The transexual tag.

Post 21

Yael Smith

I thought Transexuals still fancied the other sex (or that's the impression I was under from Eddie Izzard). I think the divorce thing is ridiculous...
Oh, well, hum-tee-dum. What can you do?

The transexual tag.

Post 22

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Eddie's a transvestite, not a transsexual!

Transsexuals are usually straight from the point of view of the gender they identify as, so a male to female transsexual would probably fancy men as they identify themselves as female. There are gay & lesbian transsexuals, which must be a nightmare to get your head around.

The transexual tag.

Post 23

echomikeromeo

Just to add to what Roy said: sometimes someone who originally identified as homosexual may turn out to be a heterosexual transsexual.

Anyone know a statistic concerning transgender/transsexual folks in the population?

The transexual tag.

Post 24

zendevil

Voila!

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid30887.asp

...But obviously depends which population you are talking about, would probably need to Google countries/continents separately.

As a sort of "straw poll" i suppose we could do a personal survey: How many transgender people do YOU actually know?

Me: One, & i met them in RL via hootoo. So that may not be representative. I bet it also depends on age, & your own sexual preferences; which would probably influence social life stuff in RL.

zdt

The transexual tag.

Post 25

echomikeromeo

Interesting.

I know two transgender people, but neither very well. For teenagers in a conservative suburban neighbourhood, though, that's not bad.

The transexual tag.

Post 26

Three, but that's through the Union's LGBT branch so isn't surprising!

I wish trhis convo was in Misc. Chat or something now - seems a tad to interesting for my journal!

The transexual tag.

Post 27

Liftliker - Share And Enjoy

Your threads are never less than interesting...smiley - biggrin

The transexual tag.

Post 28

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

I know four, two ftm and two mtf. And I'm not in a LGBT group. It has however been said that it's not really [company I work for] office unless it's got a transexual in it.

smiley - ale

The transexual tag.

Post 29

I realised earlier that I know three 'out' 't's. For all I know I might know half a dozen that aren't out.

The transexual tag.

Post 30

Yael Smith

I know no transexuals. I only know gay men. I think... that's in RL anyway. But then, I have 2 kids who go to nursery with other kids, none of which are adopted or serogate, as far as I know, and at work I have mainly female, married company, a gay man and a straight man. Another gay man has been and gone. I never really thought of the people I know like this....

And thanks for the clarification about Eddie Izzard. Must be having awful fights with the missus over clothes and makeup.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more