A Conversation for h2g2's Alternative Prospectus

University of Bradford

Post 1

Scruff79

I graduated from Bradford nearly 5 years ago with a degree in engineering. I found it a great, & cheap, place to live & gave me experience of living in a different community.
I'm sure I could gather together some info.

University of Bradford

Post 2

Scruff79

OK, have now re-read the bit at the front:
The University of Bradford is situated in Great Horton in the centre of the city. The University was orginally a polytechnic and has strong science & engineering departments.
The campus is surrounded by some very good curry houses where the curries will be spicier than you've experienced anywhere else - I've had poppadoms that made my mouth tingle!smiley - biggrin
The housing for students is very cheap & money can go far. In Bradford the Indian & Pakistani immigrants settled in the centre of the city, which is the area where the majority of the student housing is. You'll will get the most lovely smells wafting into your house every meal time. (Liking curries is sort of a must!)
The city, like Sheffield & Rome, is built on hills. The city centre is in the valley, & the rest of the city radiates out & up the hills. You will develop muscles in your legs you never knew exsisted.

University of Bradford

Post 3

Scruff79

Leeds city centre is approximately 1/2 hour train ride away to the east, where there are plenty of bars and shops. Manchester in south of the city & will take about 1 hour to get to arriving in Manchester Victoria if you travel by train. Again, Manchester has many shops, bars and restaurants.
With a car it is easy to access the south Pennies, and if you like walking there are many trails through the moors.

University of Bradford

Post 4

Scruff79

Due to the diverse communities that have settled over the years, autumn is a period of celebration. Depwali, Christmas & Ramadan (at the moment) all occur at a similar time, so the council has lights up in certain areas of the city from September/October.

University of Bradford

Post 5

Hoovooloo

71?thread=71997785" >F1997785?thread=2844263&latest=1

University of Bradford

Post 6

Scruff79

I'd forgotten about the Museum of Film, Photography & Television - good place with some great free exhibitions.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more