A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Shoes are not the only plague

Post 1

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Has anyone any suggestions for using up those bits of nylon netting that seem to come with every bottle of bubble bath. There is only the two of us living here and we've got two in the bathroom, two in the suitcase, one in the kitchen (cleans non-stick pans)and one at the bottom of a vase of flowers. Any more ideas?

Post 2

Wand'rin star

Another one in the bathroon(different colour) to clean the bath.
In bottom of flowerpots that you want to drain well.
Join them together and put a face on the top one to make a soft(ish) toy.
Clean the chrome on your bikesmiley - star

Post 3

Chestnut Muzzy

They make ideal hammocks for mice.

Post 4

Salamander the Mugwump

If they're made of plastic, they probably burn rather well. You could use them instead of firelighters.

Post 5

MaW

Only in a well-ventilated area.

Post 6

Salamander the Mugwump

Good point smiley - smiley

Post 7

Niz (soon to be gone)

Don't put them in water because dolphins get trapped in them

Post 8

Cloviscat

Wow - you mt have one BIG bath sponge!

Post 9

Niz (soon to be gone)

I have alot to wash smiley - ok

Post 10

Cloviscat

smiley - tongueout

Post 11

MaW

Could you collect a big bunch of them and attach them together on the end of a stick to use as a mop, or perhaps a cobweb remover for the corners of rooms?

Post 12

FABT

here is a brief and non corrected form of a vry long post which i just wrote but hen acccidentally deleated while trying to correct it.

cover them in glitter and put them on the xmas tree

use them to bulk out a basket of smellies which you are giving to someone who is not worthy of an expensive poresent

donate them to a local cause to use a raffle or lucky dip prizes

cellotape the to the bottom of a bucket and the fill it with water and make you friends biob for them like apples. but dont tell them you taped the things down

i wonder where that very long post went?

FABT

Post 13

MaW

I always used to think lost text went out the back of the computer and floated up in the air. But then I also used to entertain the notion that text which scrolled off the top of the screen sort of piled up and that if you scrolled enough text off you'd eventually get a message to an extra-terrestrial civilisation.

I was a lot younger then. Computer Science has taught me otherwise smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post