A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lights in the London sky

Post 1

David

All,
Yesterday night [23rd], looking south from Kentish Town - in the direction of Regent's Park - I noticed two sets of four-beam spotlights projected from ground level, playing out circular patterns on the clouds. They were there all evening, till at least 11:30pm.

Did anyone else notice this? If so, can you shed some light (no pun intended!) on it?

[David]

Lights in the London sky

Post 2

Boys and Cake Girl

It was probably a premiere or a party of some description. I've seen them used in Leicester Square and the times would make sense. Or I could be wrong...

Lights in the London sky

Post 3

Xanatic(phenomena phreak)

Ehh, I would have though those were so usual in London nobody noticed them anymore. It was probably just a disco advertising or a premiere as someone said. Problem is, ppl often mistake them for UFO´s and they give real trouble to astronomers who can hardly make out the stars.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more