A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Can you reccomend an edition of Shakespeare?

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That sounds likely.

Post 22

Sho - employed again!

I've seen several plays in German (King Lear, Coriolanus, er.. can't remember them all)

A sort of Hamlet mashup performed in Portuguese by a theatre company from a Brazilian favela (which was fab)

And a Korean version of Midsummer Night's Dream in the style of Japanese No theatre. Weird. But fun.

My daughter is very keen on the BBC Shakespeare Retold series of 4 films in a modern setting. We all love the MacBeth as Chef.

Post 23

ITIWBS

There is a Japanese black and white version of of MacBeth under the title, "Throne of Blood", link to trailer below.

https://youtu.be/PoYzsDVyFRU

Post 24

ITIWBS

Ooops! http://youtu.be/PoYzsDVyFRU

Post 25

"Throne of blood" might be a more descriptive title than "MacBeth." Just don;t say it in a theater smiley - shhh

Post 26

Bluebottle

I was quite impressed with the CBeebies adaptation of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' on Saturday. (CBeebies is the BBC's channel for pre-schoolers but still includes ballet, classical music and apparently Shakespearean language too in its programming).

<BB<

Post 27

Apparently, Shakespeare was such a master of insults that a whole book was written about them.

Post 28

Wand'rin star

My Collins Shakespeare arrived from America this morning (six days including a Sunday and a Bank Holiday!) Same edition as the one I lost with some spiky illustrations, although it's several editions newer than mine was smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 29

Wand'rin star

the second "editions" should be "printing" smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 30

bobstafford

smiley - cheers well done

Key: Complain about this post