A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Idioms and phrases

Post 61

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Where I come from, 'the wooden spoon' means last place in a competition. I've not heard of the version of which you speak.

Idioms and phrases

Post 62

swl

It takes a lang spoon to sup with a Fifer

Idioms and phrases

Post 63

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I have seen them handed out as booby prizes. But the other meaning is as frequent here in Staffordshire.

Idioms and phrases

Post 64

You can call me TC

mmh5y who started this thread hasn't been back to collect our contributions. So it probably wasn't someone expecting us to do their homework, just someone giving us a fun subject to post about.

Idioms and phrases

Post 65

mmh5y

Hi TC smiley - pggbsmiley - biggrin

{{mmh5y who started this thread hasn't been back to collect our contributions.}}

I came into here from time to time to see your replies smiley - kisssmiley - ok, and I' m really happy with all those #s and I greatly appreciate your participation ALL smiley - smooch. Be sure I'm always here reading as many threads and #s as I can. Thank you all and it's still open of course for more participation and more idiomssmiley - simpost.smiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - ok

Idioms and phrases

Post 66

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Can I recommend this Entry?

A74783208 'Gismos, Whatsits and Thingummys'

and there are lots more lovely things to read in the same vein here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/C528

Lanzababy

Idioms and phrases

Post 67

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Hmm. Imagine the product liability implications of chocolate teapots. Youd have to plaster the packaging with all sorts of warnings and disclaimers. Political correctness gorn mad!*

* A popular idiom meaning...smiley - bleep all.

Key: Complain about this post