A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Rain..

Post 1

Joppe_55

Why does it allways rain on me?
Oh, I know why it rains, BUT WHY ON ME????

Rain..

Post 2

Cloviscat

Rain God?

Personal Gravity field?

Try an umberella smiley - smiley

Rain..

Post 3

Joppe_55

Oh, gee, thanks for the advise... never thought of that before

(Imagine the text above with sarcastic pronounciation...)

smiley - winkeye

I must be very lucky to have such attention around the weather gods, or perhaps there is one raingod just watching over me,

I H.A.T.E R.A.I.N!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain..

Post 4

SummerSon

hey there,...
the only good thing bout rain I can see, is spending a comfortable afternoon with tea, soft music and my wonderful girlfriend (if she would be here... smiley - sadface - is there a conversation about distance relationships?). Still a summer afternoon at the beach with some great swimming, ice cream and a dinner on the terrace in the still warm evening sun beats this with ease, I know. But I guess You gotta make the best of it. People always tell me, I wouldn't realize just how great summer really is, if there wasn't bleedin autumn and winter.
But, i mean, how can you miss the absolute greatness of a summer day, even if everyday is summer (oh what a dream...).
What I really wanna say is: I.H.A.T.E.R.A.I.N.T.O.O. (saw my nicksmiley - smiley)
Maybe on day I'll have enough money for a second domicile in Italy (which means at least two months mor of summer per year than here in Germany and -besides- is in my opinion the all-best country in the world [I admit I havn't seen them all]).
Happy umbrella-carryin'

Rain..

Post 5

Jezery (Keeper of cute, cuddly little rottweilers)

What is wrong with you people!! Rain is wonderful.

I live in the tropics and we have only two seasons - the dry and the wet. We are just starting to get the first rain since March.

There is absolutely nothing better than sitting in the verandah, with a nicely chilled glass of chardonnay, listening to the rain on the roof and watching the lightning show.

Getting wet never hurt anyone. Besides, it's only water - there's no soap in it!!

Rain..

Post 6

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

In Australia we sometimes have water restrictions in summer, because there isn't enough rain.

3smiley - biggrin

JOTD: I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.

Rain..

Post 7

Barney's Bucksaws

In Canada, rain's good, unless we get too much of it at the wrong time! Come winter any form of percipitation's greated with groans. Snow by the foot! But we don't much want rain in winter - ice - slip - fall - break things --- not good!

Rain..

Post 8

Cloviscat

I love to sit in the conservatory and listen to the rain on the roof. I'll give you that. And I love the garden all frresh and clean after the rain smiley - smiley
BUT
As a glasses weare I hate being out in the rain without a brolly. Rain on your glasses is miserable smiley - sadface and I hate water sploshing onto my head smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Rain..

Post 9

Phil

Rain, rain, rain, rain, beautiful rain.
Don't disturb me beautiful rain
Oh come, never come, oh come, never come
Beautiful rain
Oh come to me beautiful rain.

Rain..

Post 10

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

But stay away from me

3smiley - biggrin

JOTD: The only thing worse than X Winsows: (X Windows) - X

Rain..

Post 11

Rocket Rod

*NEWS BULLETIN*
This morning it rained in Broome 2.5mm, making a grand total since Cyclone Rosita in April to 5mm.
smiley - winkeye
Rocket

Rain..

Post 12

queeglesproggit

Rain in itself isn't a problem, it's made worse when it's cold and windy as well. Summer rain is the best, after the humidity has built to rather-crawl-than-walk level, and all of a sudden it breaks in a huge thunderstorm. Especially if this is after a hard day at work, and the big fat droplets pour down on you and wash all your troubles away. Obviously not so nice in winter when you just end up shivering. smiley - smiley

Rain..

Post 13

Cloviscat

Bleugh. How about a winter's day in Scotland when the rain is slapped against your face by the wind - it *hurts*. Brollies are no use and hats disapper down the street unless tied under your chin idiot-fashion. Yuk.

Rain..

Post 14

Joppe_55

well, we've had only rain so far here,
and now we should have snow and ten degrees below zero...
yesterday we had eight degrees ABOVE zero and sun... the day before that it was raining...today it's raining again
I hate rain!!!!

Rain..

Post 15

Wand'rin star

One of my favourite quotes (from the Scottish comedian Billy Connolly) "There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes"smiley - star

Rain..

Post 16

Mostly Harmless

Ever thought about moving to a drier climate. Wales, England or Seatle WA. USA smiley - winkeye

Mostly

Rain..

Post 17

Xanatic(phenomena phreak)

Hmm, that quote is so old they probably invented it when stone age man started wearing furs.

Rain..

Post 18

Barney's Bucksaws

Anybody with above 0 temperatures and rain - consider yourself lucky! Right now we have just received 8 cm of snow, and its -19C. Definitely time for the winter woolies!

Removed

Post 19

Joppe_55

This post has been removed.

Rain..

Post 20

Barney's Bucksaws

Yes, I hate to admit it, but I like the snow - everything's so clean and white. I love to see little kids in bright snow suits and toques out playing in it. Today was still cold -19C, but bright and sunny - a beautiful winter day! We didn't get snow till late the winter before last - then it got off to a rousing start - a huge snow storm! And on the day I was going to a Christmas party!

Key: Complain about this post