A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Evening out the fuzz

Post 1

jqr

I am moderately successful at growing a goatee. The amount of hair is not the problem, but keeping it even is. Like many of you, I have grown accustomed to bilateral symmetry and I would like to keep it that way. Any nifty ideas along these lines?

Evening out the fuzz

Post 2

Niz (soon to be gone)

If keeping symmetry is the problem, how about strapping a mirror to your chin. That way, both sides have their own reflection. Although this will look a bit odd, the resulting goatee / goatee reflection will be completely symmetrical

Evening out the fuzz

Post 3

Crescent

A good, big mirror. Also if it is one of those ones with the two foldy sections on the outside of the main mirror, it is useful. An electric razor with the guards for the length of hair you want are also useful (to avoid any baldy spots smiley - smiley Other than that a careful eye and steady hand, a comb, a wee mirror and a pair of scissors are all you really need smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Evening out the fuzz

Post 4

Wand'rin star

A partner with a steady hand and a good eye - more fun for both of you. If s/he mucks it up then s/he has to look at it. You don't.
Incidentally, congratulations on getting thus far. There aren't nearly enough beards in the world, especially well-shaped ones. smiley - smiley

Evening out the fuzz

Post 5

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

My other half keeps my goatee in trim.
Good job she does at it too!

smiley - bigeyes
'G'

Evening out the fuzz

Post 6

jqr

Thanks for the ideas, and i hope they inspire others. I shaved off the facial hair completely today, mostly because I had somewhere to go, I didn't have the special electric trimmer, and it was getting rather shaggy. Now that I know, I'll look out for the trimmer and get my friend to do it for me. smiley - smiley

Evening out the fuzz

Post 7

prinsesse

duct tape works rather well...just put it on the end of the gotee and trim it off...now the gotee is even...and the hair is stuck to the tape for easy clean up.

Evening out the fuzz

Post 8

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

Good one!!!!!

'G'

Key: Complain about this post