A Conversation for Ask h2g2

why am I always hot?

Post 1

hotstuff

Can anyone help me? I feel hot and need windows open and fans on when everyone else is freezing. Is there something wrong with me?!
Is it because I drink too much coffee?

Help!

Menopause?

Post 2

Wand'rin star

"It's your age, dear"

Menopause?

Post 3

hotstuff

ya cheeky beggar - I'm only 31!!!! smiley - smiley

Any other ideas??

Menopause?

Post 4

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

My wife is always complaining of being too hot, even though she is wearing only T-shirt and knickers(at home only!)and I am freezing, fully clothed, and wearing a woolly jumper!!!

Maybe it is one of those 'Woman' things (sexist titter!!)
smiley - smiley
'G'

"It's your weight , dear"

Post 5

Wand'rin star

Either you have an over-active metabolism which is super-efficiently burning of all the calories at speed and are thus disgustingly thin or you are overweight and the effort of carrying the extra avoirdupois is making you hot and sweaty smiley - smiley
- or perhaps you're plagues at your place of work/home with peoiple like me who make cheeky irritating remarks which heat you up ?

why am I always hot?

Post 6

Niz (soon to be gone)

On this kind of subject I have wondered why that when you sit in a seat that somone else has been sitting in it is always warm. Surely human body temperature is constant. Anyway in repsonse I don't drink coffe and I'm always hot when everyone else in the office is cold, so that hypothesis is out the window. My thought is that everyone else just likes to complain, or they're soft

why am I always hot?

Post 7

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Internal human body temperature is fairly constant. It only varies by a few degrees F among the populalation, and by not a huge deal more along the lifespan of an individual (usually due to a cold or the flu). However, external body temperature varies rather a lot depending on the temperature outside, the level of exercise engaged in by the individual, and their personal tendency towards being hot or cold. There are so many reasons why a person might feel hot when everyone else feels normal that I dare not speculate.

why am I always hot?

Post 8

Sue

Ha! I get exactly the same problem. I've come to the conclusion that everyone else in the office are a bunch of wussies that are allergic to fresh air!

Hyperthyroidism?

Post 9

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Is your always-being-hot accompanied by recurring nightmares that you are being killed in automobile crashes, sudden fits of panicking for no reason, rushing from place to place, an inability to concentrate on fewer than 7 things at a time, walking (or running) into walls, dropping plates, cups and all sorts of breakable items, spilling things, ironing your own hand, an insatiable appetite, and a desperate craving for cabbage?

If so, you have hyperthyroidism.

Hyperthyroidism?

Post 10

Sue

Subsitute coffee & chocolate for the cabbage and...YES! (They're still 'C' words so it counts)

Key: Complain about this post