A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How can I survive in London for a full year?

Post 21

TIGERLILY

'The Venue' in New Cross is one of my haunts !! You've five floors of music to suit most tastes along with a live copycat band early in the evening. A good laugh is generally had all round. Highly recommended for a drunken night on the town !!

Post 22

egon

I know nothing about London.

However, if your prepared to take a four-hour train journey for a night out, Warrington in Cheshire has some good clubs, particularly Mr Smiths and the world.

Warrington's on a direct train line from London Euston

Post 23

passenger

I'm looking forward to it...
Bad luck I cannot try everything in one year...
Usually I prefer "Learning by doing".

Post 24

Rainbow

I also went to live in London when I was just 17 - I had a job working in the City and was very much a girl in a man's world. My best advice is to take any (genuine) offers of help - if people ask you join them on a night out etc. accept it even if you are not overly keen as this way you will meet more people and soon get to know your way around. In London, the more confident you are, the better you survive. Have a great time - I did!!

Post 25

Demon Drawer

I wnet to University in London and lived there for another 4 years making a total of 8 years and now I'm trying to get back, why did I ever leave. smiley - smiley

Anyway as has already been said London is a great city to be in so make the most of it, and if you are having to do it on a budget go to a book store and ask if they have any books on London on a budget, they sure used to and it will give you loads of great tips such as how to save money almost every where.

Some good tips most of the West End theatres have sales of returned tickets everyday, so as long as you don't mind queueing all day, take a good book or your walkman or friends, yo can get into some of the show sometimes in good seats for a fractin of the price. Also get an ISIC card and use it, ask can you get discount before you buy and you'll be surprised how much you can save. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more