A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Fights....and How to Win Them

Post 21

Hooloovoo

LOL

>Is this scraping the barrel or just redefining the concept of fight?

I think it could be both...

>PS. Apparently the best way to avoid predators is to taste terrible.

OK if you're fighting Mike Tyson I suppose.

Post 22

Mostly Harmless

A great book on how to win fights is "The Art of War" by Tao Sun (sp?) It's a classic book, and should be standard reading for all of our Generals and our President. It will reveal the true nature of conflict and violence, what it can and can not do.

If you really wish to know how to avoid fights and how to win fights when you can not aviod them, then "The Art of War" is a must read.

Post 23

Junior

The main thing I remember in a fight is that there is no such thing as fighting dirty. You fight to win. That means that everything is a weapon. Doors, bottles, pool cues, gouging the eyes, everything is legal. And don't be afraid to stomp him when he's down, it always makes him less apt to fight you next time.....

Junior

Post 24

Jor

I wonder no one mentioned the first thing that comes to my mind:
Head for the balls.
Of course, this is a part of "dirty" fighting.

The main problem with people who want to fight is: they usually outnumber you (and "your" group, if you are not alone). If they don't outnumber you, they although don't want to fight with you. Humans are pack-animals, and they feel strongest in a strong pack (espeacially the humans I'm thinking of).

So if you go to dangerous places, go there with a bunch of good (and strong) friends.

Post 25

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

Just remember a classic bit of advise a friend of mine told me

Never hit a man while he is down, Kick him, it's easier.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more