A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the correct name for those bits on the end of shoelaces

Post 1

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Now I know there is a real name for these thingyssmiley - cdouble. Find the name and theres your entry, along with the tale of shoelaces as an added bonussmiley - weird.

Hey don't laugh this is serioussmiley - somersault

Post 2

GreyDeskBeta

Aglets smiley - ok

Post 3

anhaga

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

smiley - erm

Post 4

Pimms

smiley - bigeyes excellent shoelace site smiley - ok

Literary reference: Aglets are mentioned in Terry Pratchett's "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents", as something not found on the end of genuine rat tails.

Pimms smiley - ok

Post 5

smiley - cdouble Greatsmiley - ok I now have my fav trivia Q back againsmiley - laugh out goes...What was Ceylon called before it was Ceylon...in comes the dastardly Aglets and their constricting presence on all things lacey likesmiley - coolsmiley - cheers

Post 6

Maybe the entry could just go...Aglets! Their tight,many coloured,prone to falling off if mistreated but absolutely essential for entry into any self respecting shoelace hole! Never call them Thingys!smiley - weird

Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Challenge h2g2' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Thread Moved

Post 8

Mr Jack

I suspect I'm alone in thinking Pratchett trivia should yikesable under the house rules....

Thread Moved

Post 9

I should read pratchet one-day. Whats yikesable? Is it related to risible?smiley - cool

Thread Moved

Post 10

Mr Jack

To 'Yikes' a post is to make a complaint about it using the "blow this!" button.
To be 'Yikesed' is to have your post complained about or more usually moderated.
'Yikesable' is the word that describes anything that could reasonably be yikesed.

Thread Moved

Post 11

Hmmmm, oksmiley - cdouble I sometimes forget I,m not posting in an OZ sitesmiley - erm hope this doesn't cause a yike then.

Key: Complain about this post