A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Meeting People

Post 1

Wilde

Okay, I know all you guys have been here before. You're out on the town, in a pub, bar or club or just going about your daily life in the day, and you see an AMAZING girl that just pulls at your heart strings and that you just want to get to know. Trouble is how do you break that ice that seems like an impenetrable iceberg, separating you from your dream life with that dream girl? This is the hard bit, and first impressions count, so you've just got to get it right.

Short, introductory lines are usually used to break the ice. I've never had much success with them though. My most successfull line was to wait until sclub7 came on and go up to the girl in question and say "is you're name rachel? you look just like her". That's got me a few interesting conversations. Other successful attempts have been to bump into the girl in question and just take it from there.

So come on girls. What's the secret to making that first important introduction???

Meeting People

Post 2

Wilde

For some ice-breakers and chat up lines go to:

http://www.h2g2.com/A250093

Meeting People

Post 3

Anonymouse

How about "Hi, my name's ." smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more