A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Grand Theft Auto is there a fault with the game ??

Post 1

flubber

smiley - steam i'm playing GTA at the moment, the thing is i have the "guide" book for it smiley - evilgrin and ive completed the missions upto "The House Party" level. The book say's an S should appear on the map but there isnt one smiley - steam does anyone have any idea's smiley - grovelsmiley - cheers

Post 2

flubber

smiley - whistle i think i'll try here http://www.bbc.co.uk/entertainment

Post 3

flubber

no luck smiley - grr oh well

Post 4

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

wish i could helps ya man, but erm i aint played san andreas are you reffering to san andreas or gta one?

Post 5

flubber

Yeah its San Andreas its a smiley - cool game but i think its got a fault smiley - steam im doing a guide entry on it smiley - laugh

Post 6

The Liquid Warrior (Vescere bracis meis)

Wish I could help, but don't play these games. Haven't even heard of it. Good luck anyway, guv.

Post 7

Hoovooloo

No, there is not a fault with the game, but Sweet (the S stands for Sweet) won't give you another mission until you win the race in the mission High Stakes, Low Rider. Go to the C on the map (stands for Carlos or something - you're sister's boyfriend, anyway) in a low rider car (the ones that you can make bounce on their suspension). Make sure you've been to the mod shop (marked on the map with a spanner) and got some nitrous injection added first. Then simply smiley - winkeye win the race. This might take two or three attempts, but once you know the route it's fairly simply. Also note that as you approach the checkpoints, each checkpoint has an arrow in it indicating where the next one is, so you can anticipate the turns.

Once you've won that, Sweet will start giving you missions again. There are only a couple more to go before you unlock the second island. Good luck...

H.

Post 8

Hoovooloo

Oh, and if possible make sure you're as tooled up as possible BEFORE you do Sweet's next missions. Get down to Ammunation and spend up - you'll need every round you can get, preferably for machine pistols or even better an AK, if you've picked up those from fallen gangstas.

Have you taken over lots of 'hoods? It might be a wise idea, before you do Sweet's next missions, to take over as many 'hoods as possible. This will allow you to build up the money you have... I don't think I'm giving too much away by saying your options will become a bit more limited for a while after you unlock the next island.

Best of...

H.

Post 9

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

I don't think that the hoods can be captured at that point in the game. I think that after House Party (and High Stakes, Lowrider) you have to wait for Sweet to call and tell you to capture Glen Park. This mission, called Doberman, starts outside Ammunantion and it is at this point that you can start to take over hoods. At least that's what I remember.

Post 10

Hoovooloo

Nah, Doberman is definitely earlier than that, because I spent AGES just capturing 'hoods thinking that I had to have a certain number or something before the game would advance. In fact I'd completed all the missions up to "High Stakes Low Rider", but hadn't won the race. So I spent a couple of days just winning gang wars, getting loads of AK ammo and cash, and turning the map my colour. Quite good stress release actually... then I won the race and Sweet's missions started appearing again.

H.

Post 11

Well acroding to this FAQ, which I'm currently using to get 100% (93.58% at present) Doberman comes after House Party, and that's the way that I remember it. (I played it through twice.)

Then again, Rockstar did say that no two people would have the same experiance playing the game. smiley - winkeye

Post 12

flubber

brilliant !!! ive been stressed out for about 3 days on this part, i even bought the book smiley - dohsmiley - laugh in my last race i came 3rd smiley - smiley plus i own over 60% of the city so ive got plenty of cash smiley - coolsmiley - cheers guy i'll let you know how i get on, if you need any help i.e. cheats smiley - winkeye or help with later missions just give me a shout smiley - ok back to the game smiley - biggrin

Post 13

You must be given the option to do Doberman first then, but I did it the other way (the faster you end Jefferys missions the better smiley - winkeye).

Post 14

flubber

Godben thats the way i done it smiley - biggrin i still havent won the race yet smiley - grr i'll get there though it's only a matter of time, well thats what i keep telling myself smiley - laugh

Post 15

flubber

you wont believe what you need to get 100% completion of the game smiley - bleepsmiley - laugh

Post 16

Well I got a 100% game in both Vice City and GTA3, so I decided to go for it in this one again. I'm currently at 94.12% and have only got to collect all 50 oysters, do the two LV stadium missions, the LV courier, beat up the guy in the gym in LV, and do all the vigilante missions. smiley - smiley

smiley - wah

Post 17

flubber

What a game smiley - wah at the moment i'm struggling with "learning to fly" and "supply lines" smiley - steam

Post 18

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

i recently got a station 2 (again) for dragonball z budokai 3 which is out tommorow and i borrowed san andreas from a friend i think its pants its not nearly as good as gta 3 and vice city

Post 19

I thought the same thing when I first started to play it, but believe me, it grows on you quite quickly. The ending is a bit of a let-down, but the game itself is magnificent. Especially once you get the Hydra (Harrier jump-jet). smiley - drool

PS I got the 100% smiley - somersault

Post 20

flubber

100% !!! smiley - cool i'm still struggling with the zero missions but ive managed to complete another flying test smiley - boing Godben did you use the book to complete the game ??

Key: Complain about this post