A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Haloween..

Post 1

Serephina

It's always been my favourite 'holiday', though I've never been quite sure why! So I'm asking, what does halloween mean to you? any scary stories/experiences to help conjure up the atmosphere n help chase away the blues?

Haloween..

Post 2

Zak T Duck

Teenage delinquents from three towns away come round your house demanding sweets (and in some cases alcohol, cigs or cash), or they'll put your windows in.

Wish I was joking. I hate Halloween.

Halloween..

Post 3

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - sorry Have to agree with Croz...Just another excuse for the local youngsters to be more of a nuisance than they normally are smiley - grr

Emmily
smiley - rose

Halloween..

Post 4

Serephina

N there was me trying to cheer up smiley - winkeye

Halloween..

Post 5

Mina

It means the new year in the garden. smiley - biggrin

Halloween..

Post 6

Serephina

Does it? I wasn't aware of that.. though I know some people see it as new year in diffeent respects...

Halloween..

Post 7

Ged42

I'm in training to be an old miser, so I automatically hate things like Halloween and Xmas. 'Bah, humbug' and all that. smiley - nahnah

Halloween..

Post 8

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - laugh Hey Ged I live with someone just like you...accept he's a fully trained old miser smiley - nahnah

Emmily
smiley - rose

Halloween..

Post 9

Ged42

bah humbug, kids these days, bah humbug, where are all the workhouses, bah humbug. smiley - nahnah

Halloween..

Post 10

Mina

Autumn is the beginning of the gardening year, when we plant things ready to grow next year. It's really the best time of the year for gardeners, although my garden always looks best in spring.

Halloween..

Post 11

Serephina

Maybe I should try a few plants on my balcony..might cheer me up a bit! I've no clue about that type of thing though..

Halloween..

Post 12

Mina

I don't 'do' containers much, although I do find myself advising Andrew (my Producer) as he has window boxes. I'm never sure if the advice I give is right, as I'm used to just chicking things in the ground and hoping for the best. I normally get the mediocre, but that's because I'm a bit lazy about making sure things are planted at the right depth.

Halloween..

Post 13

Serephina

I have no green fingers at all so you're still better at it than me smiley - laugh

Halloween..

Post 14

Famous_Fi

What kind of things can you plant at this time of year?

Halloween..

Post 15

Mina

Bulbs for late winter/spring flowering plants.

Winter bedding plants.

Anything that is perenial and used to the type of winters that most of us are about to have. smiley - smiley

Halloween..

Post 16

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

*wonders why Mina insists on growing her winter bedding*

Halloween..

Post 17

Researcher 233696

YAY

I love this one day of the year. Gives me chance to scare the kids smiley - biggrin

Halloween..

Post 18

Whisky

Halloween - in France it means I get to winge about the purely commercial introduction of a celebration that has absolutely no foundation in French culture simply to up the profits of certain shops and bars smiley - steam

Halloween..

Post 19

Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

In my case, I get to be one of those, well not quite teenaged anymore. deliquents gadding about town in a silly costume, quite possibly under the infulence. That and the Rocky Horror Picture Show!

Halloween..

Post 20

Serephina

I may try to get to a party n end up very under the influence myself smiley - winkeye could certainly do with it at the mo..

Key: Complain about this post