A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 1

Madbeachcomber, I've done my spring cleaning, does that make me sad?

Nothing at Clacton at midday tuesday, darned cold tho, considering getting out the thermal underware ...

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

We're clear in Cambridge, though its getting really rather cold, as compaired to yesterday which was just really rather cold smiley - alienfrownsmiley - brrsmiley - snowball

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 3

Genie

None in South London yet....

smiley - wah I want some snow.....smiley - sadface

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 4

dasilva

Nothing in Birmingham yet but I got a text from a friend living between Durham and Newcastle-upon-Tyne last night who was having trouble getting home from work (the city's had been kept clear but her village in no-man's land was impassable)

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 5

Jimbob - Got a Favourite Band? Tell Us All About It at A2464355

Nothing here in leafy Surrey. Cloud cover is starting to clear, in fact.

Not sure what the temperature is outside, not been out for a while, I will report back later!

smiley - brr

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 6

Coniraya

Nothing across the A3 from Jimbob either smiley - sadface

The only place we've had snowfall locally is inside the freezer when ~someone~ (I'm not naming names but have pretty good idea who)left the door open all night smiley - grr

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 7

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Its actually sunny here in slough. *hopes for no snow as it makes getting to work a pain*

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 8

Orcus

I was about to start a thread on this.

What the F*** is going on with the news. If there was an asteroid about to hit central london there would have been less hysteria to what amounted to prediction of less than a days snow...

...in January....

Journalist really should be tied up in a box until they can report on something that actuall *is* newsworthy.

A snowfall predicted in winter does *not* deserve 25 mintues dedicated to it on both the national and local news.

Particulrly when it's really quite sunny and it's not even frosty yet.

smiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grr

I'll bet all the bread has run out of the supermarket again. smiley - grr

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 9

Cambridge update.
There is sunshine outside. But the tempurature is cold.
Local supermarkets report a run on canned goods, bottled water and blankets.
No bread exists for a forty mile radisus.
One elderly man was injured in the town centre, when a croud rushed, reportidly having heard that a loaf of bread was still on the shelf in a nearby corner-shop.
The daily traffic jam, has started, three hours early, as frightened residents, flock to the town center in search of emergency rations, all sleeping bags are sold out in millets and army and navy stores.

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 10

Orcus

smiley - laugh

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 11

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Climate at Warwick University Campus outside of Coventry is actually rather pleasant. smiley - erm

smiley - cool

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 12

Jimbob - Got a Favourite Band? Tell Us All About It at A2464355

Right, I've been outside now and it is defintely colder smiley - brr than yesterday at this time, and the gritters have been out and about.

BUT the sun is shining... it does seem that the whole 'arctic weather alert' is a needless media hype-up of a bit of a cold snap. smiley - erm

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 13

Cambridge update.
A local BBC news radiostation news report, has been on, and informed all citizens that the streets are being cleared of people, armed poliece are wondering the streets forcing people into their homes. This radical move by the local poliece, follows a raid on a storage depo, where the residents of a central Cambridge old folks home, stole a Mercedees Benz, and ram raided the depo, in an attempt to locate, and take food rations. The depo in fact was a store room for the Addenbrokes hospital, and they left having taken nothing, to be caught by the poliece when their out of control car was involved in a 140 MPH car chase through the backs, ending up in the river Cam.

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 14

Serephina

No we don't want snow thanks Genie..I'll only slip n sprain my bum again!

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 15

A Super Furry Animal

2legs, I do believe your pants are on fire! smiley - biggrin

South London: blue sky, sunshine, quite cold.

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 16

Cambridge update.
A recent update to the news section of the BBC Cambridgeshire website, has indicated that all trains from, to and passing through Cambridge station have been canciled, the reason given is 'snow on the tracks', when the BBC corospondant interviewed Dann Shanks, the Anglia trains weather expert.
'Though there may be no snow on the tracks at the moment, we know it will arrive very soon, and its safest just to stop all the trains', he added in his fifteen minute statement to the press.
'We have in past years recieved a certain degree of bad publicity related to bad weather incidents, such as the time someone got some cold rain water down teh back of their shirt, and we are determined not to let this happen this time.'
All Cambridge bus routes are also closed, not due directly to the weather, but because of the large-scale rioting and public order offences being comitted. One sixth form student was shot dead, in one incident, involving a chocklate bar; reportidly the last such bar in the whoole of Cambridgeshire.

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 17

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

clouding over a little now. smiley - erm

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 18

Cambridge update.
I've not got a toilet.

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 19

Odo

smiley - laugh

Usk, south east Wales. The sun has gone in and there are large dark gray clouds heading over the mountains towards us. smiley - snowman

I bet we only get rain though. <

Who in the UK has snow?

Post 20

Odo

smiley - wahsmiley - steamsmiley - wah I want snow!!!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more