A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Id like to share this with you all.

Post 21

Napnod the (thoughtful) little green sleep monster BSC Econ (Hons)"eek eek eek"

Hmm, I have to say it bothers me to a degree, but then as others have pointed it out, it's hardly new. I'm sure it's happened with every counter culture fashion there's ever been, be it hippies, punks or metallers. People always seem to always be in a rush to append labels to themselves, it makes life easier than having to carve your way out as an individual. Seeing as I've never really had the time or the inclination to dress like everyone else or follow any fashion in particular I just wear what I like. But I think that's mostly laziness rather than a conscious effort. smiley - biggrin

The other funny thing is when these kids try to make out they're really alternative and sneer at trendies for being sheep while they all dress in identikit baggies and hoodies. smiley - laugh

Post 22

Uncle Heavy [sic]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A1112923

we have our very own stereotypes right here. its cruel, i know, but i absolutely cacked myself reading this forum, and also the journals of some of them 'no one understands me' 'just cos i wear ties doesnt make me an avril wannabe' 'i hate vegetables'

smiley - laugh

Post 23

Uncle Heavy [sic]

unfortunately, these stereotypes are quite close on

Post 24

milo

I liked Goths when they were still sweaties.

Post 25

Tube - the being being back for the time being

smiley - huh Sweaties?

Post 26

milo

A sweaty was a person who wore alternative and unique clothing until so many people did the same it became a group.

A drunken discussion decided that a sweaty was someone who wore whatever they liked as long as it wasn't to be part of a group.

Post 27

Ah, right.

I have to say that the description of the "Goth" was not too bad. I have seen far worse. smiley - erm

Post 28

Saturnine

Ohhhh. Me too. Thank GOD for your article on the topic Tube.

*all worship Tube*

smiley - winkeye

Post 29

smiley - blush Damnit, Saturnine, you're ruining my pale appearance! smiley - blush

smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Post 30

Saturnine

smiley - winkeye

It really is the best article I have seen. It's good to think it comes up on the search engine for people who need a definition!

smiley - smiley

Post 31

She of the Frogs

you'd think they'd mention abercrombie and fitch at least in the playa category.....

Post 32

She of the Frogs

whoops, sorry, didn't read the second page......gar.

Key: Complain about this post