A Conversation for Ask h2g2

This is for anyone who's seen Cream's Strange Brew video

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

OK, on Cream's video Strange Brew, there's a clip of Jimi Hendrix playing a stonking rendition of Sunshine Of Your Love. But before that he's playing another great song. What's the song called?

Post 2

Waxer

Don't know but can you name the TV drama/play set in the late sixties at a university that featured BADGE very heavily It was also set in the 80's (when it was made) and was about some guy at uni who gets revenge (on the cricket pitch) at the end on the people who bullied him 20 yrs ago(I can't but I remember the track more than the programme..."thinking bout the time you drove in my car"...always think of that play when I hear that track)

Post 3

Mike A (snowblind)

Never heard of that TV programme. I'd be interseted to know a bit more about it seeing as it features Cream rather heavily.

There was that sit-com thing on kinda recently (like a few months ago) set in the 60s that had a bit of Strange Brew played in it. I can find out the name of that program easy though.

Spread the word! Gather all Hendrix fans and owners of Strange Brew other here! I need an answer!

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

Am still curious.

Post 5

Jim Lynn

"Old Flames" by Simon Gray, starring Stephen Fry and Simon Callow?

It has the 'Revenge' and 'Cricket Pitch' motifs, but I can't swear by the music, since I've no idea of whom you speak.

Post 6

Mike A (snowblind)

Going back to the original question:

The song is Hey Joe smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more