A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Wake UP!

Post 1

Jupita

Just been reading about Goth's insomnia. Any tips to for nodding off, please go there and help! My problem, however, is waking up. I'll sleep for 12 hours a night if I can, and only get up when I absolutely have to. I would very much like to leap out of bed at 6:30 every morning filled with the joys of the new day. Anyone know a magic cure? And yes, I know staying up 'til 3am doesn't help, but I wouldn't want to wake up even if I went to bed early, and at least I get something done.

J

Wake UP!

Post 2

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Hmm....Tricky :

1 : get a cat.

2 : get two cats.

Believe me, cats will not let you roll over and go back to sleep. Every morning, without fail, you get the cat on your chest, gently coaxing you up and out by repeatedly stabbing you with it's claws.

Wake UP!

Post 3

Jupita

Ummm... I'm afraid the cat wouldn't last long. Maybe a tiger would do the trick...

Employment.

Post 4

turtle

Here's my solution: get a job where you are required to get up at 6 am every day. After about two or three years you body will become accustomed to getting up this early and you will wake up, chipper and alert, at 6 even on your days off.

Either that, or you could just wait until you reach old age. Old people never sleep very much.

Wake UP!

Post 5

K'lara

Well, insomnia is my personal affliction, but my sister suffers from your problem. This is what I suggest. (These are generally cruel, I know)
First, get a roommate. Preferably one who can get up in the morning. No one can ever sleep when they have a roomie. If you already have one, instruct them to help you wake up. By any means possible. Having them jump up and down on your bed when you won't wake up works. smiley - smiley This is what I used to do to my sister. Of course, this might lead to the murder of your roomie, so consider this carefully.
Second, if you don't want a roommate, have a friend call you when you want to wake up. Keep the phone by the bed. Make sure it has a loud ringer. Then have them call you back every five minutes until they are sure you are out of bed. Annoying, but it does work. It might lead to the same fatal results as suggestion one, though....

I'll get back to you with more suggestions after I call my sister to aske her for advice....at 6 am. smiley - smiley

Wake UP!

Post 6

a visitor to planet earth

I get up 5.40am monday to friday. To go to work to pay the bills, well until i get the sack anyway.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more