A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Fergus Fish

Post 1

ElectricBlanket

Does anybody remember this children's show from the late 60's? (I posted a question on a BBC site where it was roundly ignored but I know people here have much better manners). Nobody else seems to recognise it but I'm sure I'm not going mad...

Every episode started with Fergus' mother saying "Now Fergus fish, remember to stay in your own, nice, dark, deep and dirty part of the sea..." (there's more but I think I've lost what little cred I had by admitting that I even recall that much).

Please will someone tell me they remember it before the rubber wallpaper is ordered for me. Thanks.

Fergus Fish

Post 2

DelphicOracle

Was this the one where Frankie Howerd sang the theme song ("boop boop diddum daddum waddum choo!")?

Anyway, I think it's mentioned in the estimable TV Cream site at http://tv.cream.org/ under F for Fergus....

Fergus Fish

Post 3

ElectricBlanket

I love you and I want to have your babies! Yes! It's there! I'm not mad after all!

You don't know how happy I am now (which probably proves how sad I am...)

Alan

Fergus Fish

Post 4

A Super Furry Animal

Nope. Never heard of it.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more