A Conversation for Smugness

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A3224693 - Smugness

Post 1

bunnyfrog will never die

Entry: Smugness - A3224693
Author: bunnyfrog - U739209

I feel I have thrown this one around for too long, I just cannot for the life of me see what it lacks, only that it does lack SOMETHING. So I gracefully submit to the Writing Workshop...

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 2

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

I think the most classic bit of smugness was David Steel telling the Liberal party to 'return to their constituencies and prepare for government'smiley - biggrin

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 3

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

An entry should not start with a subtitle but a brief explanation of what your entry is about.

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 4

bunnyfrog will never die

Opti - Any better? Ive tried to make a nice and ambiguous introduction.

Radox - Do you feel that a section should be included on political smugness? Any names you wanna throw at me?

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 5

I don't think you need to section the sentences out like that but put them together.

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 6

bunnyfrog will never die

Suggestion undertaken smiley - smiley

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 7

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

I'm just trying to think of some classic smugness from TV and film. What about the Fast Show character who'd describe something amazing and say "... which was nice". Is that smug?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/fastshow/characters/patrick_nice.shtml

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 8

do you mean Enid Blyton? check spelling mistakes. I slip up sometimes and therefore its best running it through spelling and perhaps Grammatica. However, be careful when doing this you may get American English on your computer and you need to change american to english. Even when thats done tho it still doesn't pick up everyone so your best bet is having it checked by the lovely Gnomon.

Also you do not need to write 'smug' with a capital letter every time you write it.

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 9

Add 'This entry...' to the last sentence before it.

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 10

>>round all he has achieved  around at all that he has achieved (theres something not quite right) if you read the entry aloud you’ll see.

Maybe you could develop on what it is to be human vs what it is to be an animal and be smug

Look at the rest of the BBC to see whether it talks about animal behaviour. Don’t feel you have to stick to h2g2 entries you can link to other things. Read a whole range of sources.

>>Differention – do you mean difference?

>>Gladliness  I don’t think this word exists!

Have a look at some of the other emotions on h2g2 and how they have been explained. They may help you further expand your own entry.

A565625
A3213064
A841358
A427277
A308576
A142200

Obviously some are great, some are alright and well .... just hope I'm helping.

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 11

bunnyfrog will never die

Opti, you are wonderful smiley - biggrin
I cant believe I didnt realise the Enid Blyton one, sigh. As to the rest, I shall scribble some new material based on your suggestions and update in a couple of days. Thank you smiley - smiley

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 12

U168592

You still working on this bunny? smiley - smiley

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 13

smiley - wow someone finds me 'wonderful'. I've never heard someone say that to me before on here. smiley - ta for making my day smiley - smiley

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 14

U168592

About a year since the author has posted, propose a move to the Flea Market for this Entry smiley - smiley

Matt

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 15

Cyzaki

Seconded.

smiley - panda

A3224693 - Smugness

Post 16

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

It seems I somehow lost track of this thread and didn't realise I had been asked a question on it. Sorry smiley - erm bit late now smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post