This is the Message Centre for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

shuns the limelight

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

In the early 1980's one night in my local pub/bar, we were talking about modesty as such and I said that I was super modest smiley - winkeye and that 21 workmates, including my boss, had "Animal is a Superstar" wrote on the side of their safety helmets and should be recognised for it by a certain record book smiley - laugh at which my land lady said you daren't! Pardon! I replied and she repeated "you daren't" the saying "red rag to a bull" was on most lips then. So I wrote to the smiley - stout book of records, asking to be entered as "Animal, the worlds most modest superstar" adding that this would be a record in itself, as they would be the first publication to officially recognise my true status smiley - erm. A few weeks later and I did receive a reply from them, which was wrote something like (as the letter was lost a while ago) "here at the smiley - stout book of records, we take records on quantitative rather than qualitative and the record your going in for, would be very hard to categorise at this moment". Firstly! they must have thought we have a right nutter here (true) and secondly, how do we word this! smiley - biggrin. I looked at it from a different angle, as to HAD I have been entered, I could NEVER have come out smiley - whistle as "your record" stays until beaten, BUT! how do you prove modesty ? you can't! therefore IF someone had said they were more modest than me, just by saying it they are showing aren't and also I would have said that well! if they are more modest than I, I will stand down and concede my record smiley - smiley at which I am then showing I'm still the most modest.

During this time zone, my sister bought me an ashtray (as I smoked cigarettes then) which had printed on it "Modesty is hard for a genius like me".
TRUE! and I can live with that self knowledge quite peacefully smiley - whistlesmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

shuns the limelight

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - smooch

shuns the limelight

Post 3

myk

smiley - cool

<"V"sign>

shuns the limelight

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

*joins fan club*

shuns the limelight

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

smiley - coolsmiley - cheers

shuns the limelight

Post 6

Triquack

It reminds me of an instructor I once had, he said that his ambition was to have thousands of humble, exclusive clubs, throughout the English speaking world, with his name above the door.

He succeeded...

His name was Brian Gent.smiley - run

shuns the limelight

Post 7

Superfrenchie

smiley - lurk Any chance to get a promotional "Animal is a Superstar" towel?smiley - towelsmiley - grovel
smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug

shuns the limelight

Post 8

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeautographs 50p each or 3 for £1

shuns the limelight

Post 9

Jabberwock

How can a self-described 'modest superstar' be as modest as he claims?

shuns the limelight

Post 10

van-smeiter

Surely as a Yorkshireman it should be 50p each or 3 for £2!smiley - winkeye As for modesty, well, I really couldn't say. smiley - blush

shuns the limelight

Post 11

Jabberwock

smiley - ok Like it, Prof!

Jabssmiley - smiley

shuns the limelight

Post 12

Jabberwock

Sorry V-S!smiley - ok

But I still like it!

There can be no higher praise than thinking it's by our very own shy, modest Prof!

Jabs<smiley.

shuns the limelight

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

You're my hero, Prof. smiley - smooch

shuns the limelight

Post 14

smiley - blushaw shucks!

if you've got it, flaunt itsmiley - winkeyeand I got a ton of it = FRIENDSsmiley - smiley

shuns the limelight

Post 15

scorp

*smiley - runs to join the club too* smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

shuns the limelight

Post 16

thank you my friends, I don't really need money(yes I dosmiley - winkeye)YOU! are my riches

shuns the limelight

Post 17

Superfrenchie

smiley - divasmiley - disco And we shine too! smiley - laugh

shuns the limelight

Post 18

you shine like a smiley - starsmiley - smileysmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more