This is the Message Centre for Geoff Regan

Personal space

Post 1

Geoff Regan

Personal space is a strange concept really. We always worry about our own more than anyone elses, and the amount of space we require for our own personal use increases and decreases in accordance with our current mood. Also, the consumption of alcohol seems to make many people forget about personal space entirely and feel an urge to embark on a one man (or woman) hugging crusade. But woe betide the unlucky reveller who encroaches upon the personal space of Mr (or Mrs) Hugger, they're quite likely to get a torrent of slurred abuse (possibly followed by a belated attempt at a hug). So perhaps it's just other people's personal space that is forgotten. Anyway, that's not the point. No, the point is more to do with the allocation of space.

It has long been my belief (and I say this with no malice intended) that people tending towards a greater degree of rotundity are overwhelmingly blessed in the personal space department. (I've also often wondered what level of obesity would be required for the formation of a gravitational field strong enough to attract, say, plastic forks from a fish and chip shop). This is not, as may appear, a personal crusade against the heftier population (I myself am at a comfortable stage of Victorian portliness) but it just appears that in terms of space, as taken from a central point within the body, fatter people have more. Obvious really when you think about it.

Personally I am all for a mandatory and arbitrary personal space as defined and enforced by the government. An end to the personal space dispute. No more hugs. Thank you.

Personal space

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on a fence smiley - biggrin
"Can not leave it out < A2998489 > about Personal Spaces.

I like your (?) style, the fence posts are great, and the cookies are even better. Just one question:
In the last paragraph you suggest the story to be from someone else? Do you have permission to use it? "

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Geoff Regan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more