This is the Message Centre for KB

Ouch!

Post 1

KB

Can too much sauerkraut give you a hangover?

I had a few Guinness yesterday, but smiley - stout never gives me a splitting headache like this! And I only had a couple, anyway.

So someone poisoned my smiley - stout or else I'm suffering from sauerkraut poisoning. I'm going to read Tav's entry about sauerkraut to see if there are any recorded instances of exploding craniums caused by improperly prepared sauerkraut.

It's Bavarian sauerkraut. I wonder if this could be a factor. Maybe Bavarians put headache stuff in the sauerkraut that's destined for export, as a sort of revenge for all the Lederhosen jokes.

Ouch!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork Serves you all right for the Lederhosen jokes.

I can't find anything about sauerkraut poisoning, other than the danger of botulism from bad canning, but I doubt that would be your problem.

Although some historian was speculating that George III may have had lead poisoning from eating sauerkraut that leached lead from a container. Which is certainly a novel idea...

Ouch!

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There are no problems from deep-fried foods, salted foods [like sauerkraut], chocolate cakes with an inch of frosting, or bacon.

But be careful. Tofu and arugula and bean sprouts can kill you! smiley - tongueout

smiley - whistle

smiley - winkeye

Ouch!

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

I'd guess you could get some kind of food poisoning from Sauerkraut, but headaches wouldn't be on my list of symptoms.

Bavarian? I hope you were wearing lederhosen and a little hat with a shaving brush on it while you ate that.

Ouch!

Post 5

I have fond memories of going to a Oktoberfest in my area, and enjoying potato salad, sausage, and sauerkraut. With pastry and coffee, of course. Good pastries can go a long way in helping people get on my good side. smiley - smiley

Ouch!

Post 6

KB

German food is brilliant.

I'll tell you one thing, though: Guinness and sauerkraut make a very fartiferous combination! smiley - yikessmiley - yuk

Ouch!

Post 7

Choucroute is a nice German comfort food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choucroute_garnie

Ouch!

Post 8

You can call me TC

I can well imagine getting a headache from sauerkraut. I can't put a finger on what it is about it - something in the smell reminds me of the sort of thing in cheese and eggs that can set off a migraine attack.

Ouch!

Post 9

KB

Hmmm, maybe...there is a kind of lactic acid, sulfite-y thing going on...

Here's the odd thing, though. Sauerkraut is lovely, but sauerkraut *juice* (why? Why does this exist?!) is Satan's armpit sweat in a carton. smiley - yuk

Ouch!

Post 10

How do you know? smiley - bigeyes

Ouch!

Post 11

You can call me TC

Why does the juice exist? I don't know, but if sauerkraut gives you a headache, the juice is probably a pain in the a****

Ouch!

Post 12

KB

I don't think I had enough for it to be so. smiley - rofl A sip is more than enough.

Ouch!

Post 13

What I meant was, how would anyone know what the sweat from the smiley - devil's armpit tastes like? Not that I think there's a high priority need to find out. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post