This is the Message Centre for KB

There's a lot of this going on this morning..

Post 1

KB

...but have a bit of BB King, anyway. http://youtu.be/fJJ4lI631Ng

smiley - brave

Post 2

KB

smiley - rose

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have a CD of his greatest hits. He was an original! 89, what a long life. smiley - ok

Post 4

KB

He was an absolute master. I can't put it any other way. When I first learned a few chords on the guitar, my goal was to able to play one song, just once, any song, as well as he could. It never did happen, and I have the experience now to know that it never will. smiley - rofl

BB King knew what the blues was all about. A universal language. He picked me up a couple of times when my spirits were low, and he set me back up on a mountain.

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

He was the reason I started playing blues guitar.... Something which I must get back to doing again, its one of the most self-expressive things I can do smiley - sadfacesmiley - musicalnote and, embarasingly, I'm not even sure I have anything by him thesedays; I think everythign i had was probably back in my way long ago days having music on casette... smiley - seniorsmiley - musicalnote

Post 6

KB

We could ask Paul what's on the greatest hits !

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

having only just joied the .... 20th or 21st centuary, with my purchase of a decent IPod a week or ... two back, I need to keep remembering that actually, if I just wanna buy music, I can have it... more or less instantly smiley - laughsmiley - geek Mind.... I've proven resistant to actually buying anything to go on it yet... still got another four hundred or CDS to transfer on to it, if I can muster the concentration smiley - laughsmiley - weird ; heck I may even find a BB King CD lurking about somewhere.... there's CDS on those there shelves that haven't..... ome out in more than a decade I think smiley - laughsmiley - doh

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The CD is called "Icon" and the songs are:

1. How Blue Can You Get?; 2. Every Day I Have the Blues; 3. Don't Answer the Door; 4. The Thrill Is Gone; 5. Hummingbird; 6. Ain't Nobody Home; 7. Chains and Things; 8. Guess Who; 9. I Like to Live the Love; 10. Let the Good Times Roll; 11. Playin' with My Friends; 12. I'll Survive

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for KB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more