A Conversation for Ston Easton Park

Peer Review: A2964224 - Ston Easton Park

Post 1

MikeMatt

Entry: Ston Easton Park - A2964224
Author: MikeMatt - U569423

I'd like to submit my article on Ston Easton Park for Peer Review. Any comments welcome!

Mike

A2964224 - Ston Easton Park

Post 2

Ross

A tad spartan.

You could do with some paragraphs to break up the narrative flow.

A bit more information would help like whats the interior style of the house like? what are the gardens like?

You should mention that it is GradeII listed

A quick search on the net gave me more information than you have provided, including an excellent description of the house here:
http://www.britainexpress.com/country-house-hotels/Ston_Easton_Park.htm

some background on the saving of the house and its recent history here:
http://www.gourmetvoyageurs.com/country-pages/gb.html

Whilst I know that pictures cant be posted on h2g2 this site gives some excellent internal and external shots that would help in describing the property:
http://www.steve-p.com/hotels/stoneaston/

Hope this helps

Post 3

JulesK

Hi Mike,

Have you had time to have another look at this Entry and maybe work on some of the above suggestions?

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Looks like the author hasn't returned since submitting this, and has been gone about 3 months. Should we consider moving this thread?

smiley - mouse

Post 5

JulesK

Yes - where to, Entry or Flea Market?

I'm not very experienced at this area of Scouting or how it's done but now is as good a time as ever to jump in and help.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Personally, I think there's enough "meat" to the entry to warrant sending it to the Flea Market.

One of the main ways I decide between the Flea Market and simply back to the entry is whether I think what's in the current entry is enough so that someone who picked it up would actually use the *content* in creating their entry, and not just the idea or topic. Does that make sense?

smiley - cheers

Post 7

JulesK

Yes, thank you for that.

I personally find this a bit brief but yes, it may have enough bare bones for someone to flesh out and add links to etc. I suspect they'd need to have a local or historical interest or it may end up reading a bit like a search engine result - I got a lot of this info from the current hotel website, for example.

Julessmiley - smiley

Post 8

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Adding to current list for move to fleamarket as recommend by
Mikey and seconded by Jules

Post 9

GreyDesk

Agreed and *not* added to my list, as it is on yours smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ston Easton Park

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more