This is the Message Centre for 42

No Fat Chicks? It could just work!

Post 1

GuitarNinja

Maybe not. The only time I've seen potentially offensive titles work is with punk bands. Good luck, tho! If you want me or someone else to write up an article on the band, show me where I can get some song downloads and I'll look into it.

Later though, because next week is finals week...

Take care,
GN

Oh yeah, hooray on the jazz bandaid. I'm attending a university with a rad jazz program. I play an instrument, myself. I bet you cant guess which one!

Post 2

i think im dropping out of No Fat Chicks. I hate our manager, and my ex is probably gonna use it as an excuse to continue stalking me. it's really not worth it, anyways. but that's cool, i'll send you some song downloads as soon as i can get around to it (way later than i expect).

AWESOME! ur a jazz geek too!
hmmm... let me guess, u play guitar??? smiley - smiley

catchya laterz

Post 3

GuitarNinja

There's really no use in staying with a band unless you have fun with it and/or you're making a lot of moneys with it. Drop No Fat Chicks and join Knights of the Round, my Final Fantasy metal band! Just kidding.

Yeah, I love jazz.. but only to an extent. People call a lot of performer's music 'jazz' when a lot of times it seems like it's just some watered down version of jazz. Like Coltrane. Not to diss his skills, but it seems sometimes like all he's doing is playing as many notes as he can and there's really no musical motive behind any of it. A lot of jazz guitarists do the same. They just shred as fast as they can and make dissonant chord progressions.

But there's no denying my love for classic standards like Summertime, My Funny Valentine, and I've Got Rhythm. They're so much fun to play!

Pez,
GN

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 42

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more