A Conversation for Belfast, Northern Ireland

Belfast

Post 1

Number Six

Just did a search for 'HMS Belfast' (nothing on that, either smiley - winkeye) and discovered there's nothing in the Edited Guide about one of Britain's major cities.

Myself, I'd be more interested in one that told us what it's like to visit and what to do when you go there, rather than necessarily taking on the difficult job of covering the historical angle.

Although of course, if anyone fancied doing that as well, it'd be a bonus.

smiley - mod

Belfast

Post 2

Z

Or indeed that godawful Boney M song.

Belfast

Post 3

Number Six

smiley - huh

smiley - mod

Belfast

Post 4

Kaz

All I know is that its gun turrets are aimed at a service station on the M25 south!

Belfast

Post 5

Mrs Zen

A little bit to the north would be SO much more worthwhile...

smiley - run

B

Belfast

Post 6

GreyDesk

Ah, it's many years since I was last in that fine city.

Many happy memories, including the time me and my English accent walked slightly pissed out of a pub and straight splat into a startled squadie smiley - laugh

Belfast

Post 7

Mrs Zen

smiley - rofl

I've never been to Ireland, though I had a proddy flatmate for a while, and I was going out with a Jesuit-educated former member of the British Occupying Forces as a lover at the same time, which was - er - interesting.

b

Belfast

Post 8

Woodpigeon

I lived there for 3 years during the early 90's and loved the place. I'm probably not the right person to do an entry as its so long ago, and the place has changed so much since. Demon Drawer might be just the person though, as he is from Northern Ireland.

smiley - peacedoveWoodpigeon

Belfast

Post 9

Demon Drawer

Give me a chance. I'll see what I can do.

Belfast

Post 10

Demon Drawer

I've just an article on the River Lagan and having hte city at the mouth of the river would be a major advance.

Belfast

Post 11

Demon Drawer

That should be

I've just started an article....

Belfast

Post 12

Number Six

Nice smiley - ok

smiley - mod

Belfast

Post 13

Demon Drawer

OK i've started at A2835597

Thread Moved

Post 14

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Challenge h2g2' to 'Belfast, Northern Ireland'.

Belfast

Post 15

Mat

Was there a couple of years ago and loved it. A great buzz about the city. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more