A Conversation for Love Bites

Some experience with hickeys - and a remedy

Post 1

Anya

I personally enjoy hickeys, giving and receiving. Although most men I know like to have them in less visible places. One fellow I dated, though, bit a little too hard. Thank God it wasn't anywhere visible - the bruises took awhile to heal.

The remedy? Dampen an aspirin tablet and place it on the hickey. This will reduce the swelling.

Post 2

RedHillian

I can see that working - but aspirin does have other drawbacks (allergies being the biggest one). If you like alternative remedies, what about Arnica - it reduces bruising and sweeling excellently (and I'm not a hippy - actually I'm a medic). I use it for all sorts. See your local health food store / homeopaths for more info. smiley - fish

Post 3

Anya

Thanks! Yes, I can see where allergies can be a problem - arnica will work, ice helps. I hate when I see people using spoons on it - that only makes it worse!

There's always the female advantage of long hair - I use that to cover it. Or the "I walked into a door".

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more