This is the Message Centre for GuitarNinja

Christmas rant from dim26trav

Post 1

dim26trav

Have you ever wondered about the origins of our Christmas traditions, check out my front page to find out and then tell me what you think...

Post 2

GuitarNinja

I'm celebrating Kwanzaa this year. I'm sick of 'Christmas'. You're absalutely right. It's a diluted, hideous, transformed holiday. I'm all about eating fruit for seven days and celebrating the seven principles. Certainly I'll give thanks and love Christ like I do throughout the year, but I can't take the commercialized Christmas substitute any longer.

-GN

Post 3

dim26trav

Kwanzaa is interesting but there never was any "Christ" in Christmas from the origins it was a covered over pagan festival at the wrong time of year. No one in the first three centuries celebrated it, certainly none of the apostles nor any one who knew them either.

Have you ever wondered about the "Birthstones" they are from the jewelry sellers no one else. A plan to sell some of the semi-precious stones instead of only diamonds.

So what to do about it? Say "bah humbug" and stay to oneself? NO that will not do anything about it. One must question everyone you meet about the real roots of Christmas and when they feign ignorance tell them it is a pagan feast. But more than anything if they tell you it is about the birth of Christ be sure to tell them in a big voice NO!!! it is not its about MONEY nothing else.

Challenge them to go without the presents and the tree and find out how serious they are about Christmas not being about money, they cant or wont.

Call it MONEY-MAS.
Call them "Christmas treetion camps" not Christmas tree lots/farms (like concentration camps for trees) such an unnatural use for land and unnatural for farms.

People will not accept a redefinition of something they hold so dear as a celebration of money, of a pagan's winter solstice feast. But we need to confront people with their idiocy and their hypocracy. And their addiction to the money.

I celebrate the birth of Christ at Rosh sha shanna with the angles and the announcements but without the tree (babylonian)

Post 4

GuitarNinja

Confrontation can be so difficult sometimes. A lot of people I know love all of the symbols in the holiday, from the positive mental connection to the smell of the tree to the festivities and activites. Who am I to burst their little bubble and make a time that was once joyous into the misery that I'm suffering. The only thing I do is remind believers that they should also give in the same spirit throughout the year and I ask non-believers why they are celebrating what they don't believe.

I don't know. I'm going to enjoy eating a lot of fruit this Kwanzaa.

-GN

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GuitarNinja

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more