A Conversation for To Cheat or Not to Cheat

That is the question...

Post 1

GreeboTCat

Me must admit to the occasional cheating at games... ~should me be ashamed grin~... but only when me becomes so frustrated that the machine me is playing on is threatening to call the police as it thinks its life is about to be terminated...

But that doesn't mean me would cheat, deceive, lie, steal etc. in RL... acept of course for doughnuts... when it is perfectly acceptable to do all those things and more... ~sigh~

Sometimes there is an added thrill to the game given by trying to discover the inbuilt cheats... and sometimes... ~huge frown~... me has accidently found a cheat that has enabled me to complete a game in under 15 minutes at the first play... now that did cheese me off!!!!

Luckily my old games supplier liked me... ~shy grin~... and allowed me to swap my game the same day for something with a little more lasting power... ~Greebo huggles her old games supplier wherever he might be~

So cheating (in games)... unless by accident.. is very much a personal choice... after all... it's not really cheating unless it's hurting someone else by doing it... and if you decide you want to get help in a game... it's not really cheating is it... as the codes and keystrokes are already in place to help you if you want it...

Goodness... me has talked a lot... me is quite dry... must go and find someone to give me a nice cool glass of milk... hmmm... with straw... ~grin~

Greebs..xx

That is the question...

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - milk

And of course a smiley - donut to wash it downsmiley - winkeye

That is the question...

Post 3

GreeboTCat

Ahhhhh purrrrfect!!!! ~grin~

Thank you so much Amy... so kind and considerate you are...

~Greebo slurps the milk... and popos the doughnut into her mouth and swallows...~

Wonderful...

~Burp!!~

Oppss... ~blush~

Greebs..xx

That is the question...

Post 4

Atlantic_Cable

Does anyone remember "pokes" to cheat?

They were on old machines, like the Spectrum ZX. You basically "poked" a value into the memory prior to loading the game that gave you something useful like 999 lives or infinite ammo.

That is the question...

Post 5

GreeboTCat

Me was never fortunate to own a Spectrum ZX... so is not familiar with the term 'poking'... but me has it seems 'poked' upon occasion with more modern games... of the PC variety... you can sometimes look in a file or two and alter numbers and such to increase lifespan... hardness... etc... oh grief... this means me is a terminal cheater doesn't it!!! ~frown~

Greebs..xx

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for To Cheat or Not to Cheat

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more