This is the Message Centre for Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Worried and Cross...

Post 1

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Lots of rioting last night, some of it right near people I know both here and IRL.

And yet people are complaining about the football being cancelled. You selfish smiley - bleeps. There are people who have lost *everything* because of these riots and you're concerned about whether you'll be able to get a refund on your train tickets? Unbelievable.

Worried and Cross...

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

On a lighter note: why would anybody want to loot Primark?

Worried and Cross...

Post 3

Orcus

Yes, in Birmingham they loot Austin Reed - in Liverpool, Primark...

You never knew Birmingham was so sophisticated. smiley - winkeye

Yes I know people living not far from the problems in London, Birmingham and Bristol. I'm just hoping it doesn't spread here to Cardiff.
I doubt it though - the Welsh response to adversity tends to be to grumble darkly in a corner and then rejoice when they win at rugby,

Worried and Cross...

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

People actually worry about their train tickets? Scandalous!

Worried and Cross...

Post 5

Hypatia

This doesn't surprise me. After the tornado we had people who weren't directly involved make some pretty stupid, selfish remarks. One woman called me and complained about the "quality" of the people who came in to the storm shelter here in the library. I guess we aren't Junior League enough to suit her. Another was upset and ranting because a book she had on hold was blown away meaning the person who had it checked out couldn't return it for her to read. One man told us he was going to donate some household items but decided against it when he found out he would have to take them to a drop off point. He said if they wanted them, they should come to his house and get them, not expect him to go out of his way. That sort of thing.

It's like, "Hey, it hasn't happened in my neighborhood, so I don't give a smiley - bleep how badly other people are suffering."

Worried and Cross...

Post 6

Baron Grim

This morning I was reading a local "newspaper" (it's a vanity paper ran by a guy that loves to rile up folks with sexist "redneck" humor interspersed with his political views and sometimes actual local news.) A couple of the letters were to complain about a local bar hosting a "Rock For Joplin" benefit. Both letters complained that they thought it was about Janis and both were upset that this bar was hosting a charity for folks in another state rather than for the locals who are still dealing with Hurricane Ike.

Yep, many locals do still need help, but how does getting angry at a charity for people in immediate need help the locals?

smiley - headhurts

Worried and Cross...

Post 7

Hypatia

smiley - sigh CZ, I remember the Joplin Red Cross collecting money for victims of Ike. And local churches sending trailer loads of food, water, clothing, tolietries, etc. And people from this area always go into stricken areas to help with cleanup and rebuilding.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more