A Conversation for The Forums

Removed

Post 1

TeenForums

This post has been removed.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 2

Woodpigeon

I'm sorry, but this is an advertisement, and as such is against <./>HouseRules</.>. You also might look up the <./>Writing-Guidelines<./> or click on the "Life"/"Universe"/"Everything" links on the top of your screen to gain an understanding of the types of entries we write in Peer Review.

Can you please remove this entry from Peer Review? Thank you! smiley - ok

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 3

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

Hmm, TeenForums does seem to be a spammer for TeenForums.com. All he has done while here was write a personal space, write this entry: A3793683, start this conversation: F34059?thread=612416, and enter this entry into Peer Review. All of which are esentially advertising TeenForums.com.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 4

TeenForums

Hey, im in school, it was near the end of the lesson, the main reason i am here is to gather useful information for use on my site

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 5

Yes, but you have done a lot of advertising for TeenForums.com and since this is a BBC site advertising is forbidden. It's in the <./>HouseRules</.>.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 6

TeenForums

Ok, sorry, well my site is aimed at helping people and i have seen links to other external sites which do not contain anything useful.

I will however be on here regulary from now on posting info i find from sources on my website.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 7

Geggs

Actually it looks like the entry was orginally written by Dozdim last year. Ah... Dozdim, what fun we had with him. Wonder where he is now?

Geggs

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 8

Woodpigeon

No harm done. smiley - ok

However, I would ask you to please take your time to get to know this site. Like most Internet communities, H2G2 has certain rules of netiquette, and you might inadvertently find yourself stepping on people's toes which would affect your enjoyment of this place. We are a very friendly community and this place can often be a lot of fun, but you need to get an idea of how this place works first. Take some time to read, read and read, before you post, post, post!

Oh, and can you remove this entry from PeerReview? Just find your entry and hit the "x" button beside it. Thanks! smiley - ok

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 9

TeenForums

Ok, if the entry wasnt allowed then was hasnt it been deleted??

By the way is there anyway to view how many posts i have made on here so i can see how well im doing??

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 10

Geggs

Well, h2g2 is really rather large, and it's possible to write something here and for no one to notice it. So it may well have been against the <./>HouseRules</.> but no one noticed until you entered the page into PeerReview.

As for finding out the number of posts you have been, that's not really possible. I think the Editors may have a way to find out, but they aren't going to share such a tool with us.

Geggs

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 11

Enties can only be removed by their writers (except in certain circumstances), and Dozdim isn't around to remove it.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 12

TeenForums

ok, i guess the fact that this is a large site makes sense that not all posts like that are deleted but surly some feature could be added to show the number of posts a user had made, its shows in all the other bbc forums and vBulletin which my site runs on comes with it, its like second nature to check how many posts someone has on a site, shows you whether they are trustworthy to obtain a high amount of posts without being banned.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 13

AlexAshman

To be honest that system wouldn't work well on h2g2 - besides the site is based on post moderation as most people using it do so in good will.

And post moderation does work quite well.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 14

Geggs

Ah, I see. But that logic doesn't work here. There is no pre-moderation on h2g2 (except in certain cases): it's mostly post-moderation. Which means that other people can object to your posts after they appear.

Therefore the number of posts you make is irrelevant, it's the content of the posts that matters. Have a look at <./>DontPanic-Moderation</.> to see how it works here.

Geggs

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 15

Woodpigeon

Yep, either way, Peer Review is probably not the right place for these discussions - it's a more a Feedback issue. You could raise it here --> <./>Feedback-Features</.>.

TF, would it be ok that you could remove the entry from Peer Review?

Just click on this --> PeerReview

Then find the entry you submitted - you will see an "x" beside it. If you can click on this "x" the entry will be removed from this forum.

Thanks! smiley - cheers

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 16

Cyzaki

Is this being removed then?

smiley - panda

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 17

Kat - From H2G2

I believe someone has actually had it sent forward to the moderators so perhaps they are asking to have it deleted or something.

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 18

Number Six

Looks like it's still here to me.

smiley - mod

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 19

Kat - From H2G2

Trrruuueeee but have you looked at the entry? smiley - erm

A2362709 - The Forums

Post 20

Number Six

Well, it's been yikesed but it still needs moving out of PR.

smiley - mod

Key: Complain about this post