This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

lil's recent stay in hospital....

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I know most of you are aware of my recent health problems, but I thought it best to let you all know exactly what led up to my recent time in hospital smiley - smiley

*sits back and makes herself comfy* smiley - zen

The other Friday I was feeling rather unwell, sickly and pains in my lower abdomen. 'Aaah' I thought.. or rather.. 'Ooow!' might have been a better word for it. So I presented myself at my doctor's surgery...

'Aaah' said the smiley - doctor

'Ooow!' says lil smiley - erm

Some 20 minutes later I am in A & E with a letter from my smiley - doctor in hand. During the next couple of hours the smiley - vampiresmiley - nurse came in and took an armful of blood! Another smiley - doctor came in, examined me and wandered away with my notes, so when they moved me into the bed area of A & E, they couldn't give me any pain relief smiley - rolleyes

Poor Hubby, he stayed by my side for then next 4 hours until, finally, it was decided that I would be kept in overnight. So, at 8.30pm he left to get me some night things and to bring in my meds from home.

No sooner had he gone, than the surgical team arrived en masse! smiley - erm

After some more prodding and poking smiley - doh, they had a conference at the end of my bed....

.. smiley - doctor hmmmm.... definitely localised..

...smiley - doctor Yes.. I agree... but looking at her notes, we might need to check our options smiley - erm

And so it went on...

Basically: lil has health issues! Apart from being overweight, (not through overeating, I might add) due to an underactive thyroid that is being a pain to bring under control smiley - cross

lil also has problems with her neck, which makes it difficult for an anaesthetic to put tubes down my throat .. also lil is getting older (I disagree with that last remark!) smiley - diva

And so, I was put onto a surgical ward and attached to Declan the Drip, who was my constant companion for the next 7 days... The smiley - doctors had decided to treat me with antibiotics and hope any inflamation will be sent away. Had my symptoms grown worse, they would have operated, but they were determined that would be the last resource. On day 8 they decided to put me into the CT Scanner, as although the pain had eased, it never actually went away... 'Aaah' they thought, 'Perhaps an abcess might be forming'..

On the 10th day, they came to see me again. There appears to be nothing wrong with my appendix, nor do I have an abcess. So, either the antibiotics have worked, or it was something else wrong with me smiley - erm??

However, the scan did find the outlet from the bile duct was enlarged, which usually means the presence of gall stones (not that this would have caused the pain in the place I was getting it), so they going to treat me in Out Patients while they investigate things smiley - geek

I am now at home, yes I still have twinges, but not half as bad as it was smiley - puff. In the meantime, I am to take things easy and, should the bad pain come back, return immediately to hospital, where they will operate anyway smiley - yikes

They can jolly well wait until after the Hull Meet now! smiley - whistle

*pops a tab and snuggles up with her Matt* smiley - lurk

lil xx

Post 2

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Welcome back to the (un)real cyberworld, lil! smiley - kisssmiley - hug

Good to hear that you're feeling better.

...and, as I said before, maybe it's time for me to go back to surgery again after almost 15 years... smiley - evilgrin ... I'm quite good with knives till though... smiley - whistlesmiley - angel

smiley - dragon
*innocently sharpens knives and claws*

Post 3

Jozcoz

I'm so sorry to hear about how ill you've beensmiley - hug

I haven't been online in ages so I had no idea something like that was going on...

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!!!smiley - winkeye

Post 4

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

next time warn us few days in advance...in triplicate note

...we must maintain proper red t...procedures...

smiley - smooch oh boy! we are glad you are back...

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - smiley glad to hear your feeling better smiley - cuddlesmiley - redwinesmiley - bubbly So, will you be keeping in contact with Declan? I hope you got his E-Mail address smiley - biggrinsmiley - winkeye

Post 6

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Has a support group been set up for the smiley - doctors and smiley - nurses who had to cope with you?

Post 7

*giggles*

The last I saw of Declan, he was being waltzed down the ward with a rather nifty vacuum machine attached smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Oh!

I never mentioned the buttons! smiley - doh

Post 9

smiley - huh

Post 10

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I'm pleased you are on the mend and I'm sure you are smiley - smiley to be away from people studying you every so often.

smiley - dontpanic about your voluntary duties here on h2g2...I'm sure everyone will club together to ease that load.

You just get plenty of rest. smiley - zzz I guess you may even have been told about fluids too whether to take plenty or whatever.

We're with you smiley - hug

Post 11

If that smiley - huh is for the vacuum machine, dearest Hoggy, darling smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

That's a rather heavy machine that creates a vacuum between the skin and the dressing. Boy is 'He' temperamental! smiley - rolleyes

Post 12

I've been reading VV's journal and Bel's Poem Pages.. and I have been really touched by the kindness of everyone here.

smiley - smileysmiley - hug

Post 13

lil do realise that you are a tough lil smiley - winkeye

Post 14

Temperamental? smiley - cross

Me??

I was just confused, that's all!

Temperamental! Huh! smiley - rolleyes

Post 15

If the cap fits.. smiley - tongueout

Actually I was referring to the machine being temperamental.. It kept switching itself off whenever it was taken passed my bed! smiley - doh

Post 16

lil, any were there any magnets near you?

Post 17

Oh! I don't know about that! smiley - doh

Post 18

What cap? You were on about a vacuum cleaner, they don't have hats - unless it was a Henry one...

Tcohsmiley - doh

Post 19

IctoanAWEWawi

hey lil, good to have you back on line. Hope it continues to get better for you and no more encounters with Declan!

Post 20

Did I mention the vacuum machine was a cleaner? smiley - huh

Icky!!

Good to see you, too darling smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Nah! That Declan was a little too skinny for my liking.. Too much line a pole.. smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more