A Conversation for American Slang

'All that and a bag of chips'

Post 1

Nick O`Teen

An American inner city phrase that means "really good" or "really cool". As in, "What did you think of the movie?", "It was all that and a bag of chips!".

Post 2

saffire

like i was saying in another forum - does all that and a bag of chips = da bomb?
-saffiresmiley - smiley

Post 3

Nick O`Teen

Ooo, you're probably right. I suppose in England, though, you'd say, "All that and a bag of crisps". Kind of loses something in the translation, though. smiley - smiley

Post 4

saffire

indeedy!
-saffire

Post 5

Nick O`Teen

You go, girl! smiley - smiley

Post 6

saffire

that reminds me - ever hear anyone say "go me!" ???? it sounds sooo silly smiley - bigeyes
-safffire

Post 7

Nick O`Teen

Sounds as silly as "You go, boy!".

Post 8

saffire

heh heh - cant forget 'you go' either!
-saffire

Post 9

Nick O`Teen

Word.

Post 10

saffire

damn straight!
-saffire

Post 11

Nick O`Teen

You go, girl! Oop, wait. We're back where we started. I, apparently, am wack.

Post 12

saffire

then to recover you might want to say 'my bad' eh?
-saffiresmiley - smiley

Post 13

Nick O`Teen

You know, that's odd. I never, ever heard the expression "my bad" until I started watching South Park. I can only assume that it's an American expression, since I've never heard it used anywhere in Canada.

We prefer more direct statements, such as "oops". smiley - smiley

Post 14

saffire

here in america, it ranges from 'oops' to 'my bad' to 'my b' to the ever popular 'oh shit!'
lots of different ways to express yourself!
-saffire
you get south park in canada? its such a stupidfunny show...

Post 15

Nick O`Teen

up, we get South Park up here. I have the first season on DVD, and I went and saw the movie three times. It's very stupid-funny, indeed. "Super sweet", if you will. smiley - smiley

Post 16

saffire

wow thats funny - some cool cat in another forum just used 'supersweet' in one of his messages... quite the popular word i see! ... anyway was the south park movie really all that and a bag of chips????
-saffire

Post 17

Fluke

I'm going to see the South Park movie in about 4 hours, probably one of the first showings in England (it's an advance showing). I think I'll take a bag of chips and a bag of crisps, just in case. And I'll take the "all that" you mentioned too.

Post 18

Nick O`Teen

Oh, yes, the South Park movie is most definitely all that and a bag of chips. Much funnier than any of the TV episodes. Geez, it's only coming out in England now? That is terribly wack. smiley - smiley

It's odd that the newspapers here talk about how much Canada-bashing they do in the movie, but I've seen it three times and I haven't seen any real Canada-bashing yet. Just American-bashing.

Post 19

Nick O`Teen

Did I mention that the South Park movie is a musical?

Post 20

maryhinge

like the name remember the adverts. Have you been to disappointment.com ? think you may like it

Key: Complain about this post