This is the Message Centre for Websailor

Shredding My Life!!

Post 1

Websailor

Later.......

As part of my de-cluttering (as some of you will remember) I have decided to clear out my office of past paperwork in connection with WWF. Sentimentally, and for precautionary reasons, I have kept every thing I have received or sent for 17 years smiley - doh plus souvenir prgrammes, letters from volunteers and donors etc. etc.

It makes very interesting reading, which is slowing my efforts down, as I keep reviving memories of the fun and frustration I have had fundraising. I am find it very hard to shred stuff, as it feels like I am destroying a large part of my life, but I really need to clear the decks for campaigns ahead, and for all the other things I do.

smiley - pandasmiley - pandasmiley - panda is a big part of my life and has saved my sanity more than oncesmiley - evilgrin I can't imagine not doing it, but I am often reminded by well meaning friends (and my other half) that I am not as young as I used to be!! There you are A1 - there's that AGEISM againsmiley - roflsmiley - bleepsmiley - bleep and humbug!!

BIrds are singing outside as I type - smiley - sorry birds, you have already been fed more than I should have given you so I am off for that smiley - coffee I promised myself half an hour ago.

I have shed my Websailor cloak to some of you lately, and it feels very strange, but I look forward to the odd email from time to timesmiley - rofl

smiley - cheerupA1 I am sure it will be sorted eventually. We shall keep in touch regardless. Take care,

smiley - cheers
Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

would be a long job, but could you scan important parts into computer for a CD/DVD

Shredding My Life!!

Post 3

Websailor

Probably, if I had the necessary equipment and know - howsmiley - smiley I'm a "second hand Rose" on an almost non-existent budgetsmiley - laugh

Most of it has been done now, but I have kept things that really matter to me, or are of particular interest. The main thing really is that the fundraising has made a difference, and perhaps saved some of our wildlife and wild places, and the campaigning has definitely made a difference.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I wish you well and hope you can find storage room, so not to shred and that at sometime soon, you can get hold of a scanner etc

Shredding My Life!!

Post 5

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

My dear Websailor smiley - dragon

I can well understand how you feel = but I suppose you felt you had to do it.

I am surprised that your chidlren let you do it. they might want to write your life you know!!

I had to do it when I left South africa. but I had a tremendous amount of stuff which I had kept because it described the social situation from the African point of view. I sent all my stuff, including all the momentos to a well known University - actually not my alma mater - and was very very upset to find out some years later, that all the precious social history I had "bequeathed" to them had been idsposed of my some librarians. It is a tragedy; one day I shall be able to write out what was actually in those boxes. But it is still too appalling for me to think about.

So my smiley - love I feel for you!!.

It is so wonderful t0 be back on line. Have you seen my faerie godmother. K and I both burst out laughing very irreverently when we saw the photographs. A bearded faerie!!. But what a wonderful job he has done.

With much affection - and K. loved the story and description of your bird life outside your kitchen window.

My French cousin has just phoned me and wnts to know when I am coming to visit them in France!!. I would very much love to do it. I badly need a break, but on the other hand I must have someone to care for my two. Perhaps my darling granddaughter would do it.

with much affection

Christiane smiley - schooloffish

Shredding My Life!!

Post 6

happy to see you back, lots to catch up on and plenty of threads to visit, have fun

Shredding My Life!!

Post 7

Smudger879n

Hi Folkssmiley - biggrin, There is a file in my cabinet that I just cant wait to shred up! Even if it takes a whole day to do, as its Bigsmiley - laugh
It is my employment record for the whole horrible 7 years I spent working the ambulance servicesmiley - erm The worst employers I ever worked for in my lifesmiley - sadface
As soon as case against them is settled I look forward to shredding it with so much pleasure its hard to describesmiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheers

Shredding My Life!!

Post 8

Websailor

Hi, Smudger,

I know how you feel. I have things I would dearly like to shred, but cannot do yet. What I have done so far though is strangely liberating, and I haven't figured out why. Unless, of course, it is because I have known for a long while that it needed doing. There is only so much paper you can keep.

Computers were supposed to make us a paperless society, but it hasn't been my experience smiley - rofl

Nice to hear from you again. Must come back and look at your snippets again, but I seem to be very busy at the moment.

Hope all is well with you. smiley - cheerssmiley - smiley

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 9

Smudger879n

Hi Websailor, We bought a shredder when we heard of all this identity theftsmiley - erm My filing cabinet is full of papers that I know we dont need, its always "just in case"smiley - laugh
Ive not been on here so much myself recently, as I feel like Ive lost contact with all the old regularssmiley - erm
I still write my Sippets for smiley - thepost though, and plug it every chance I get (hence smiley - thepost logosmiley - laughsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Shredding My Life!!

Post 10

Websailor

Smudger,

Most of the old regulars seem to be here still, but it depends on the conversations whether we join in. You also have to go lurking, and drop in on anything that looks interesting. No-one seems to mind, and it's how I've increased my circle of virtual friends. One or two of them have even become RL friends, i.e. we are in direct contactsmiley - smiley

The other thing is that with "summer" in the UK there is so much more to do, with lighter nights, though I noted the other day that the longest day is bearing down on us smiley - yuk

I seem to hate the winter more and more as I get older - only the birds and h2g2 etc. stop me from going into a decline smiley - biggrin

I'm around several times a day if ever you want to chat. At the moment the radio is off because I am heartily sick of hearing about MJ's trial etc. I love my local Beeb radio station, but sometimes they go over the top!

Our newspaper hasn't been delivered today, again, which means my hubbie will be in a bad mood when he comes in. He missed his five minute crossword before he went out this morning, and we had another kind of cross word insteadsmiley - doh It's not my fault the paperboy didn't turn up smiley - grr

I suppose I will have to trudge up the road and fetch it to get a bit of smiley - peacedove

smiley - tasmiley - ta for now. Speak to you later maybe.

smiley - cheerssmiley - evilgrin
Websailor<dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 11

Smudger879n

Hi Websailorsmiley - biggrin yea I know what you mean about the summer nights, but my trouble has been Mk2? You know how she always said she hated computers, especially my one coz Im always on itsmiley - laugh

Well she has found a game that I got form the Ex srevice site I visit a lot, where you get the chance to shoot that very annoying frog, and she loves it!!
That and the fact that she now knows how to play bejeweled on line against other folk, means I can hardly get on here nowsmiley - wahsmiley - laugh

I looks like that I will have to get a lap-top to be able to write and surfsmiley - erm
I was planning to get one, if & when my case ever gets settledsmiley - erm but it looks like I need it now!smiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Shredding My Life!!

Post 12

"Most of the old regulars seem to be here still,"

he he! I'm not old, I'm just only past my sell by datesmiley - winkeye

Shredding My Life!!

Post 13

Websailor

smiley - sorry Prof, Don't take it personally smiley - rofl - Oh, btw when is your "sell by date"? I bet it is long after mine smiley - blush I meant "old" in the sense of mature, seasoned, experienced, loyal etc. etc. smiley - grovelsmiley - somersault

There is no ageism here on h2g2 which is why I smiley - love it so much.

Smudger, my other half professes absolutely no interest, and had the same reaction to the time I spend on "that thing" as your MkII smiley - smiley I have tried to initiate him once or twice to no avail BUT- on reflection, if he found you could do crosswords and puzzles online, not to mention putting a bet on etc. then I would be in serious troublesmiley - evilgrin

I look forward to the day when your case is sorted, and you can get your laptop. In the meantime we shall just have to meet up when we can smiley - roflsmiley - run

smiley - cheerssmiley - smiley
Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 14

Websailor, it was just some stupid person yonks ago, who counted how many times the sun and moon went by and it was called "age"...I never looked upsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughI'm still a kid at heart and no intention of changingsmiley - nahnahsmiley - tongueout

Shredding My Life!!

Post 15

Websailor

Good for you Prof! That's a brilliant smiley - coolattitude. I heard a fascinating piece yesterday about banking Time, i.e. you can't! I will see if I can find it on the Net. I thought it was brilliant.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 16

smiley - okwaits patientlysmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - run

Shredding My Life!!

Post 17

Websailor

I heard it on our local radio and they are sending me a copy by snail mail. If I can find it on the Net, when I know what I am looking for, I will put a link in. It may be a bit too long to put up here, but I'll see. I thought it was brilliant and food for thought.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Shredding My Life!!

Post 18

thank you, hows Ponte hubby, any nearer to touching a PCsmiley - biggrin

Shredding My Life!!

Post 19

Websailor

Naah!! not a chancesmiley - smiley He is bowling at the moment so I have a few free hours to please myselfsmiley - evilgrin He is struggling with the weather at the moment as it affects his breathing. Still he gets some fresh air and exercise which is good. He will no doubt flake in the armchair when he gets backsmiley - rofl

Funny you should ask - he did mention I should refer you to the Daily Mail Mac cartoon in today's paper, but I doubt you read that one!!

It was about Royal Ascot coming to York.

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Must smiley - run he has just come in and will require sustenance - his last slave left him before he became ill!! Check you out later.

Shredding My Life!!

Post 20

I too get short of breath, I've a small lung capacity, due to back, so exercise is alien to me, not that I've rushed to do anysmiley - laughsmiley - laugh.
I do not buy any paper, all news I get of Sky news or teletext etc.

Please give hubb my regardssmiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Shredding My Life!!

More Conversations for Websailor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more