This is the Message Centre for dim26trav

Theophostic

Post 1

dim26trav

In the world of ministry/counseling the traditional focus lately has been on drug therapy and great strides have been made with drugs, never the less there is a new type of ministry called Theophostic that is making the rounds and I would like to introduce it to those who are unfamiliar with it.

Dr. Ed Smith of Kentucky has developed this type of counseling/ministry within the Christian church and it is clearly not your traditional cognitive therapy. His thesis is that emotional woundedness is not based on events that have happened in the past to a person but by the beliefs about oneself one has acquired that are "lies". Granted these lies usually occur during those events so it is a subtle but critical difference. Theophostic's goal is to replace the lies with truth, thereby freeing a person's from them.

This process takes place by becoming aware of "bad" feelings in the present and following them back to where they were generated, finding the lies that were bought into during the original memory and having Jesus come to tell us the truth.

He has developed what he calls a "lie based theology", instead of Sin based theology. Going back to the garden of Eden he would point out that Adam and Eve believed Satan instead of God and that is what made them fall, placing Satan in charge of the Earth. It isn't so much that they were rebellious but they rejected the experience of God for the claims of satan.

What this means for the typical client is that symptoms that have been around for decades can be released in very short times (1/2 hour- 1 and 1/2). That total freedom from the effects of these "lies" is attained and no more therapy is required for that symptom(probably other lies that are there but not that one again.)

Dr Smiths experience is with thousands of rape and incest victims both prior to and following the development of this therapy. However his claims are that this therapy is good for all types of emotional woundedness not just rape and incest victims. He even claims that it works transforming homosexuals into heterosexuals, although there isn't a lot of written documentation on that one yet, just personal naratives of gays that are now straight (yeah that means without even the temptation to return.)

The title of his book is "Beyond Tolerable Recovery" and in it he talks extensively about the victory his clients have over their traumas. This is not about slowly making everything better if they try, but NO MORE pain and no more effort to get better just being better now and forever! I have interviewed people that have been part of this process and I cannot find any residual effects of the trauma or the therapy. These people have completed the journey to healthy living and just go on from here, it seems wonderful.

WWW.Theophostic.com is the website for information about this process and those interested can send off for the trainning. More later.

Theophostic

Post 2

GuitarNinja

Totally cool thing! Once people realize there's ultimate freedom in Jesus, it's cake! Freedom. It's the reason for my everlasting praise.

GN

Theophostic

Post 3

dim26trav

One of the very few "problems" in this garden though is that there is no central place where one can find a peson who practices this technique.

Another is the central office in Kentucky will not "certify" anybody officially. It has grown out of control in a sense, far beyond their ability to maintain their own standards.

Fortunately, the process is very simple and there is no downside. A person applying these techniques "If done according to the book" does not have the ability to make others worse off than before.

Frankly I wasn't expecting amy great outpouring of enthusiasm from the Hootoo crowd, but even one is good. Check it out and get ack to me if you want.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for dim26trav

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more