This is the Message Centre for MuseSusan

I LIVE!

Post 1

MuseSusan

My goodness, has it really been over a year since my last post? Sorry, all, it wasn't because of you! Sadly I will still have to restrict the amount of time spent puttering around the lovely H2G2, but I've missed the community and the conversations, and before the swamp of schoolwork submerges me again, I want to get back into things over here. If I can just learn to wait until AFTER the work is done before going onto h2g2, then we'll be all set. smiley - smiley In the meantime, hi!

I LIVE!

Post 2

Arisztid Lugosi

hello!
so nice to see you againsmiley - smiley

did you have a nice year?

I LIVE!

Post 3

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*waves and jumps up and down in excitement*

Hello!

I'm doing a show! My first principal role in a musical since [counts on feathers] 1996!

Nice to see you back. smiley - smiley

I LIVE!

Post 4

MuseSusan

Yay! I am remembered! ::warm and fuzzy feeling::
Yes, I've been well for the last year, but soooo busy with schoolwork. Whose idea was it to be an engineering major anyway? And whose idea was it to keep trying to do theater at the same time?
And David, what musical? I must know!

I LIVE!

Post 5

Oh, come on, theatre's no fun unless you're wondering how on Earth you've got time to do it! Engineering does seem a silly idea, though. smiley - tongueout

I'm doing 'Me and My Girl' in the role of Gerald, the upper-class idiot who sings 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' for no apparent reason. smiley - smiley It's great fun, and we've got five weeks of rehearsals left! I have a thread about the whole experience in my journal.

After that, I might possibly be doing something by a certain composer with the initials SS... It's not definite yet, though, so I won't say any more. smiley - winkeye

I LIVE!

Post 6

MuseSusan

Well, I can't argue with that. Most theater is created in a state of absolute panic on the parts of all involved, after all. But the engineering is fun, too, really it is!
I did see the Me and My Girl journal, but for some reason I thought that was a few months ago, or something. I shall have to go back and read it! I've never actually seen the show, although I had an opportunity a few years ago and didn't make, for which I've kicked myself. It sounds like fun, though--break a leg!
And as for certain composers with initials SS, that would be so cool! I have mentioned my total obsession with most of his work, haven't I? There's a small possibility that our theater department might do Assassins next year, which would be wonderful, but sadly due to the politics within the department, the director who knows and loves musical theater may not be the one to direct it. Anyhoo…
Just saw Phantom of the Opera--the national tour is here for a month, and they even got some of the ensemble members to come have lunch with us one day. I almost got a backstage tour, until it turned out I had another committment. smiley - sadface

I LIVE!

Post 7

It feels like I've been rehearsing Me and My Girl for years! A six month rehearsal period is a little long, isn't it? smiley - laugh Although given that it's only 1-3 rehearsals a week, it's not as much as it sounds.

Backstage stuff is always interesting - were the ensemble members nice? Lots of behind the scenes gossip?

I LIVE!

Post 8

MuseSusan

Yes, all three of them were very nice (especially since we were feeding them). Actually, they've all been involved with Phantom for years, even starring in some versions of the production. They had a lot of stories to tell us about what it's like working in a huge production. I didn't get to actually go backstage, because I couldn't get anyone to take over for me at the Calculus Help Center where I tutor. But a few of my friends are working backstage there as dressers, since there's so many quick changes and the theater doesn't have enough regular dressers. It's all very exciting!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MuseSusan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more