This is the Message Centre for SuperMoo: Now With Even More Online-ness

Possable Cloaking Device...

Post 1

SuperMoo: Now With Even More Online-ness

Sitting here waiting for someone to post I started thinking about the question from a book on Earnest, from the Earnest movies, called Ask Earnest...on one of the pages it had a list of questions and they were titled: "Questions I'd Like to See Answered"...one of those questions was:
If you were traveling in your car at the speed of light and you turned on your headlights, what would happen?
I've asked every science teacher I've had since I've read that book and a couple of them gave me an answer but I don't remember what it was...anywho...after thinking on that for a while I started thinking that it would alter the color you percieve that is ahead of you...either more red or more violet...I believe it would be more violet because the red shift effect is used to measure how fast stars are moving away from us and therefore measure the rate of expansion of the Universe...
This lead me to the next question...If you went fast enough in a direction that is either directly away from or directly towards an observer you could theoretically push this violet/red shift effect far enough that the shift would end up making the observed wave lengths in either the ultraviolet or infrared light ranges...thus the traveler would "disapear" from sight entirely...although you would still be detectable by a simple infrared or ultraviolet sensor...
This idea then made me think about whether or not you could go fast enough to create this effect...which then lead me to the alternate speed of light theory...it was created to rid Physics of the bothersom theories regarding the first second of the Universe's existance...the universe had to have expanded at a rate greater than the speed of light...this theory states that at the increadibly high pressure and temperature that was experianced in this first second created an altered speed of light that was much faster than the current one...as the universe then cooled due to this rapid expansion the speed of light became ever closer to it's current speed...

Post 2

EvilClaw: The Catmanthing

why are you telling me this?

Post 3

Anole

I can see why this conversation didn't last long

Post 4

it would have lasted indefinately had I responded to what EvilClaw posted...

Post 5

Anole

I see that

Post 6

I refuse to prolong this conversation.

Post 7

Commander Draco, Supreme Dragon Lord

I don't.

Post 8

Post 9

Anole

Ok........

Post 10

Shhh!

Post 11

Anole

Where is it?

Post 12

What?

Post 13

Anole

The cloaking device

Post 14

...well it's not exactly a device as much as a theory that I randomly came up with...yes...I really did think that up on my own...

Post 15

Anole

So can you make it with a piece of string and a light bending device

Post 16

smiley - grr THis thread has lived too long! Die thread die!

Post 17

if you can accelerate that piece of string, or for that matter the light bending device, fast enough you could, theoretically, cloak it...and besides...light bending devices can be found everywhere...water for instance...also large gravity wells do the trick...as well as tiny little slits...

Key: Complain about this post