This is the Message Centre for Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Memorable days

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

smiley - wowsmiley - dragonsmiley - wowsmiley - dragonsmiley - wowsmiley - dragon

Yesterday 26 dear friends and family came to lunch.we celebrated my 78th birthday and quite honestly, although I had really worked very hard cooking the lunch, it was one of the best birthdays I have spent.

and today, a ring at the doorbell announced something exciting. and what was it.?

Well, would you believe it? The well-known badger protector and chronicler, had sent me, the most beautiful bouquet. In the colours that I love, tangerine, yellows and lemon. there were gerbera, huge, many-petalled blooms which orginally came from South Africa and; there were peruvian lilies, and oriental lilies and some goldenrod.

Dearest Websailor. You have really made my day. I just love them and feel so touched , that in your busy life you have remembered a dotty old red-haired bird who is an ardent fan of your wildlife journal. A thousand thanks.

with much affection to you both,
Christiane AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Memorable days

Post 2

Websailor

Christianne,

I am so glad they arrived safely and that you liked them. I couldn't have named them so thank you for that!!

I'm rather fond of this dotty old red haired 'bird' who is an inspiration to us all , and like Professor Animal I like to give surprises too.

smiley - love and good wishes for a very Happy Day tomorrow,

smiley - bubblysmiley - cheers

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Memorable days

Post 3

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - musicalnote that's what friends are for....

I second that you will have a birthday to remember with lots of small cuddly soft with pink taily kind of memories.

smiley - oksmiley - ok for our own silver smiley - surfer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast/4997446.stm

Memorable days

Post 4

Thank you dear heart,big smiley - hug

I have just booked a meal for K. and two special friends at a super Chinese restaurant near here for lunchtime tomorrow. We shall drink a toast (in chinese tea!!) to the success of your nighttime venture. I really think that you could turn it into a type of modern day urban Beatrix Potter . I fused to read to my children every night until they were old enough to read, plus all the other books on wild animal family life. I am sure that is what gave them such a love of the country and wild life.
I must suggest to Willem that he does the same thing in Africa. that would be fascinating as well.

If ever you come down to our neck of the woods, that is where I would love to take you.

Again a thousdand smiley - loveing thanks.

ChristianeAR1 smiley - schooloffish
I cannot unfortunately give you a link, as I do not know how to do it!!.smiley - wah And I have not heard from abbi as to whether is able to make it!.smiley - sadface

Memorable days

Post 5

My dear pheloxi,

What a lovely present. A new website specially for the silver smiley - surfer I wonder if I qualify with my red hair!!.

With affection

Will think of you tomorrow and thank you for your friendship.

Memorable days

Post 6

Websailor

A1, I think you probably qualify as a Goldsurfer smiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - star - more superior than us poor smiley - senior silver surfers.smiley - rofl

smiley - biggrin

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Memorable days

Post 7

Shea the Sarcastic

Happy, happy birthday, AR1! And many more! smiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - biggrinsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

Memorable days

Post 8

Very dear shea and Tj

Many thanks for your good wishessmiley - biggrin

Now you must start saving for your trip to Europe and France , for your parents Golden wedding anniversary and my 80th year.

Would that I could be like so many venerable octogenarians and start and finish a work of considerable academic standing by that time. and earn the title of
Golden smiley - surfer of 2008.
How wonderful that would be.

We shall celebrate these dual anniversaries with a

New World Americo-Anglo-Franco Entente Cordiale

smiley - musicalnote

"This is my lovely day!
"This is the day I .............etc. etc!

The sun is shining, the rain has stopped, and we are going to a wonderful Chinese Restaurant for a beautiful lunch.

Much affectionate smiley - love

ChristianeAR1 smiley - schooloffish

Memorable days

Post 9

Shea the Sarcastic

You're the Golden smiley - surfer every year, AR1! And I like the sound of that New World Americo-Anglo-Franco Entente Cordiale! smiley - bubbly

I hope you had a wonderful lunch! smiley - hugsmiley - love

Memorable days

Post 10

Smudger879n

Hi Folkssmiley - biggrin, Today I got a new DAB radio from Mk2 for my birthdaysmiley - cool Its great, it means I can get Radio2 now, as I could only get it on my computer before as the FM reception is no good heresmiley - erm

It sounds really clear, and can pick up around 300 radio stations that are transmitting in Digital Radiosmiley - oksmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Memorable days

Post 11

Very dear Smudger,
Belated birthday wishes for yesterday. I hope you had a happy day.

Please tell me what a DAB is? It is a lovely present and you sound absolutely thrilled with it.

I am having such problems with my radio and headphones. I have headphones for both my radio and TV. they charge automatically. then I was tempted to buy a new fangled thing which is everything - a radio,clock, barometer etc. etc. It has something which I have to place next to it in order to work. And this new fangled toy (I liked the idea of a barometer!!) has completely upset all my hearing appliances. I cannot work the radio so therefore cannot use those headphones - I hear all sorts of other music on my headphones when I am listening to a serious discussion on politics, gardening, music or whatever. and I have crackles and pops which come from all over the world I imagine!!.
I must remember to call the repair man today and get him to put me right. Between that and my pager which rattles against my chest when the front doorbell or telephone rings(or when the smoke alarm goes off) I feel like bionic woman!!.

Ah well. c'est la vie.
what news on the accommodation front. good I hope.

Regards to Mk2
Sincerely,

Memorable days

Post 12

Very dear Smudger,
Belated birthday wishes for yesterday. I hope you had a happy day.

Please tell me what a DAB is?

I am having such problems with my radio and headphones. I have headphones for both my radio and TV. they charge automatically. then I was tempted to buy a new fangled thing which is everything - a radio,clock, barometer etc. etc. It has something which I have to place next to it in order to work. And this new fangled toy (I liked the idea of a barometer!!) has completely upset all my hearing appliances. I cannot work the radio so therefore cannot use those headphones - I hear all sorts of other music on my headphones when I am listening to a serious discussion on politics, gardening, music or whatever. and I have crackles and pops which come from all over the world I imagine!!.
I must remember to call the repair man today and get him to put me right. Between that and my pager which rattles against my chest when the front doorbell rings I feel like bionic woman!!.

Ah well. c'est la vie.
what news on the accommodation front. good I hope.

Regards to Mk2
Sincerely,

Memorable days

Post 13

Apologies for the double posting
I think the new fangled invention is making my brain soft!!

Christiane smiley - schooloffish

Memorable days

Post 14

DAB is simply said digital radio (cd quality sound) (with posibility to add images).

Memorable days

Post 15

Pheloxi dear,

I have replied to this but obviously forgot to post it.

What does digital mean?

numbers
fingers.

that is what foxes me!1.

christiane smiley - schooloffish

Memorable days

Post 16

digital means that like the computer and cds works with sequences of zeros (0s) and ones (1s). each sequence can be interepted by the computer to work as software program (line you are using to be on the internet) or by cdplayer to let you hear music.

you can also send digital signal thru the iiair, but to interepted back to music, images and vioces you need a digital receiver, like a DAB.

I hope this explination is clear enough.

Memorable days

Post 17

Smudger879n

Hi Ar1, Let me see if I can explain this, Digital means it is made up of dots and codes, which are more easy to send through the airwaves, as opposed to FM frequencies which modulatesmiley - ok DAB radio means that they can send other information along with the sound, like the name of the singer and the title of the song. It also sends news flashes in the same form as text on a mobile phonesmiley - cool

Now your headphones? Could be that you have the base unit of these too close to an electrical item, and that is causing the interfearnce. I have a set of remote headphones that work up to a distance of 300 meters away from what ever they are plugged into! They work a treat, but if they are too close to a mobile phone being used, you get distortionsmiley - erm

So try moving the base unit of your heasphones away for any power supply cables, and see if that helps OK, (let me knowsmiley - cool)smiley - ok
smiley - cheersSmudger, PS. Many thanks for you birthday wishessmiley - ok

Memorable days

Post 18

Thanks pheloxi and Smudger

I shall move the base, but they do have to be plugged into the radio and the Tv.
My granddaughter is coming on Saturday. I shall see if she can help me.

Many thanks for the explanation.

Regards

Key: Complain about this post